Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

IS THE SOVEREIGN GT BETTER THAN THE ELITE

ARTIE

I'VE HEARD THAN SOME PEOPLE TRIED OUT THE GT AND WENT BACK TO THE ELITE, WILL THE GT WORK LIKE THE ELITE OR NOT. THANK YOU.

Artie, Can't contribute much on the subject but the balance on the GT is better.... Iron Mask can be switched on and off, seemed to me to hunt a little deeper, and ran as smooth as silk in AM and Disc.... I personally would opt for the GT.....Rlichardntn

The GT to me is the best. The Elite was OK, but to me it didn't seem as sensitive as the other Sovereign series. I tried 3 of them in case there was a problem with the first 2. The Elite is a good detector and it does well, just thought it was not as sensitive as the XS, XS2 or the XS2a I was using before. Many of my targets sounded deeper than they actually were, but like I say it was a great detector.
Now the GT I notice with my Sun Ray DTI 3 meter it seems to lock on the tones and the numbers on the meter better as before I used to get many good targets that seem to be climbing and not quite make it, but with the GT the deep ones seem to lock right on to the correct numbers and tones, One of the things I also notice is i was fooled with some rusty nails more too with the GT until I learned to check each signal from a different angle to see if it was still there. Some of the items are deeper than they sound too , so I feel at the same settings (11 o'clock position) the GT seems to be more sensitive.
I don't use the iron mask switch as most of my hunting is where there is iron and I want to hear the coins, so I hear some blips of some of the iron too and can tell the difference.
Now the silent search control is something I never thought I would use as i like the threshold, but see where it is nice in areas where target are far a few so I don't have to listen to the low growl tone of iron until it sees another target I turn on the silent search until I start getting more signal then I turn it off so I hear everything. This is nice to be able to chose and switch.
Over all i feel the GT may be the best Sovereign built with the straight rod, the silent search option, the iron mask switch for those learning the Sovereign and the sensitivity I feel is better with the GT.

Rick