Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the tekpointer for me??

slingshot

I want to use it for shallow water snorkeling. What I see:
1. It is waterproof to 6 feet.
2. 360° sensitivity.
3. Pulse induction.
4. Can use vibration only and shut off light.
5. No raising.
Anyone know how it compares to Quest pinpointer? (Second choice.) Thanks.

Hi slingshot,
I have two Tekpoints kind of by accident. One is the newer version 2 model and one has been upgraded to version 2 for free by FTP after it was obviously not working correctly. They are very sensitive pinpointers and they work well.
I have found that I accidentally depress the functions button too often and put it into the settings adjust mode. It is easy to retune and I love the 2 AA batteries (I use rechargeables) as opposed to using 9Vs. It does very well on small low conductors too.

I have the Quest Xpointer land only version. I have not tried the waterproof one. It is also a very sensitive pinpointer but more at the tip than the TekPoints 360 degrees. Also, the Tekpoint is much better at picking up tiny low conductors.
It is not as deep as the TekPoint (about an inch or so less). It is very sturdy and has caused me no problems so far except for one big one: it is a 9V battery devouring hog. I use NiMH rechargeable 9Vs. They last max 4 hours..........which is pretty pitiful.
A good quality alkaline will last about 8 hours. Also, to me the On/Off button and settings button are very hard to engage unlike the Tekpoint which to me is too easy.
Garrett buttons are definitely my favorites but the Propointer falls short of the sensitivity of the Quest and Tekpoint from my experience.

Anyway both are excellent pinpointers for the money in my opinion.

Jeff