Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the V3i/Vx3 chatty like Fishers?

DetectorOCD

I had a F5 and I couldn't *stand* how chatty it was. Every swing was blips here and there which drove me mad. I could calm them down but in order to do that I had to lower threshold and sensitivity. Can the V run quietly while still getting good depth?

Yes it can. My MXT was chatty as you call it. The V3i is not.

Learning to deal with a little noise will benefit you not only in finding deeper targets, but also those targets mixed in with the trash. A quiet smooth running detector in my opinion is a sign that you have it cranked down to much. Listening for consistent response patterns is the key to picking out good targets from the rest of the misc. tones. There is a happy medium in the amount of feedback verses target response. The beauty of the V3/V3i is it is adjustable to this goal.

Jack

CyberSage said:
Learning to deal with a little noise will benefit you not only in finding deeper targets, but also those targets mixed in with the trash. A quiet smooth running detector in my opinion is a sign that you have it cranked down to much. Listening for consistent response patterns is the key to picking out good targets from the rest of the misc. tones. There is a happy medium in the amount of feedback verses target response. The beauty of the V3/V3i is it is adjustable to this goal.

Jack

Agreed Jack! I always say if your coil is not falsing when you bump it, you probably are missing the deep stuff!