Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is the xp deus really a great detector?

spellman

Just wanted people opinions on the deus. Is it really a great machine. The reason I ask is I might be trading my excalibur and my omega 8000 for one. And if I make the trade I dont want to kick myself later for it. I love my omega . But I dont use the excalibur cause I dont get a chance to water hunt much and I hear the deus makes a great water machine with an antenna hooked up to it. If I ever get myself into the water. Just wanted opinions if im going to regret it. And how good the deus really is. Thanks

I don't think the Deus will perform all that well in salt water. So if you have the Excal for that you might want to keep it.

No detector out there does it all. And depending on your dirt you might have different results. But you are on the Deus forum so you know what you will get.

In my opinion there is an adjustment period with the Deus. It takes a few hunts to appreciate what it is and what it can do. I have hunted on and off since I am a teenager. I am now 50. In recent years because of a good job and great wife I have tried quite a few detectors. Top of the line models and fan favorites. My feeling is if you dedicate yourself to learning the Deus it is a great detector. It can hunt and perform with any detector out there. Getting the most out of it will be up to you. Reading this forum and asking questions will help.

I don't think anybody can answer your question in a way that you can make a decision that you might not "regret later". Is it a great detector? YES! As are others too! Your soil conditions, hunting style, desired targets, etc. will dictate what unit would be best for you.

I made the trade. And im pretty excited about getting the deus in my hands. The biggest down side I see with it is the coil is tiny compared to what I usually use and the large coil is EXPENSIVE I guess you've got to pay to play. Its funny. It was much harder on me packing up and getting rid of the omega than it was to get rid of the excalibur. I guess its cause I have more time and more finds on the omega. I hope the deus is what I hope it to be. And now im on the band waggon with you guys waiting for V.3 . I actually hope it takes enough time for me to learn V.2 first

There is talk of an 11

P.S. welcome to the forum spellman.

The XP Deus is a nice detector for sure. Only you will be able to make the decision if the trade was worth it. I spent over $4K last summer buying different detectors in search of the perfect detector. There is no such thing:laugh: No more buying new detectors...the machines I have will work just fine.

I have been detecting for 27 years with 36 detectors and was a Tesoro dealer in the 1990s. I just got the Deus and have been using a Blisstool since july. The Bliss is a relic hunting beast but you have to dig every thing and is the ultimate cleanup machine. XP Deus is impressive with a lot of pluses. I like having a metered machine to compliment the Blisstool. A house site that i hunted years ago wity a nautilus dmc2b yielded 15 large cents, a half cent a 1777 half real and over a 150 buttons. A friend and I hunted the site with minelab ex xl and se pro and found nothing. Blisstool found a brass hinge and a 1817 LC at extreme depth but nothing else. XP Deus on my 3rd time out with it produced 2 flat buttons, suspender buckle, 4 round balls and 5 pieces of worked brass. The site is infested with iron and most targets found were with iron junk. Also most of the targets were 3 to 7 inches deep. The 9 inch coil is extremely deep and is better in getting into tighter places. Love the feather weight and the programability. Great machine that will get better as I learn more.
Tesoro Stingray,Nautilus DMC 2B, Minelab explorer XL, Blisstool and XP Deus
Blisstoolamerica.us forum Global moderator:csflag:

I am one of those people who are always looking at and trying different machines. I tend to gravitate back to a couple more than once. The Etrac and fisher F75 are 2 of those. I recently picked up an XP Deus and it was love at first sight. The weight and ease of use to start out made it real eay to get comfortable with. Took her out to a field that has been pounded to death over the last 20 years. I chose a section and decided I was gonna grid it out and work it slow and steady. My partner said I was pretty much wasting time as it had been hunted to death. Four hours later I had pulled three small flat buttons out, the deepest was at about 12". It will be a permanent member of my detector stable. Might even haffta change my screen name...LOL

The Deus is a great machine in the main respect of being able to swing it all day without the aches and pains of the heavier machines.. I found that although the machine is capable of being used straight from the box it does take a little while to get used to it. My wife and I both have deuses and on well used sites here in the uk, since using her she has always pulled something out, where as I wasn't. However we have a guy in the uk who converts earphones for the deus and a pair of these has made a difference to me as I just cant keep the back phones on properly. Also I have recently loaded a popular program that a lot of the guys are using and coins give a good signal.. It does require the disc to be set at 30 and I wonder whether I might be missing stuff.

You are certainly missing stuff and loosing depth a the same time. Go back to discrimination of 6.8 or lower.

the only machine that wont lead to arthritis in your arm later in life...
others will give you aching joints and you will need medication for worn joints:clapping:

I love it. Best machine ive ever used. I got almost 600$ worth of gold rings the first day out. Took it to the beach its amazing. Will be cashing in the gold and buying the 13" coil this week