Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is the XP easy to use?

larryk56

Is the Dues easy to use?
Looking for a decent detector that I can use for
coin and jewelry and the beach.

Your thoughts?

I just got one and seems easy enough. Just enough settings to use for everything. Coins and jewelery, beach ,field ,parks etc. Make it fast, slow, deep, waterproof, etc. Adjust frequency for what your looking for. So far I'm loving it.. I have not had it long enough to say it's the greatest but the options it has compared to alot out there are fantastic. Just enough to search most anything but not too complicated to make it difficult to use...

The Deus is easy enough to use. Most people make it more complicated than it is.

There is book written for that helps with some of the knowledge that is needed.

The way it folds up is one of my favorite things.. wireless everything. Pinpointer works through the headphones or remote whichever you choose. Charge from home or auto nothing needs battery replacement regularly..

I found it very intuitive to learn and easy to use. The interface is a well thought out and simple format. Yet it still allows you customize settings to your heart's content very easily.

Now I need to find a dealer that actually uses and knows the
machine instead of just selling it.

Feel free to send me pms on this

All the options on a Cadillac doesn't make it harder to drive. The Deus is as easy as they come. Load the Basic 1 or Deus Fast and start swinging.

larryk56 said:
Is the Dues easy to use?
Looking for a decent detector that I can use for
coin and jewelry and the beach.

Your thoughts?
They’re a great machine and I beach hunt a lot but I preferred my Etrac on the beach way more stability with FBS
But I’ve tweaked my settings with help from YouTube and have been doing just fine so far..
I hunt mostly saltwater beaches I’m on The East coast..
And the fact that it’s all wireless and weighs nothing I can swing it all day and it holds a charge forever and the MI-6 pinpointer
Is very impressive love it!
Watch Gary on YouTube you will learn more than if you read!

The Deus is a great all around machine. It is as easy to use as you make it be. I don't think that it shines at the beach unless you stay in the dry sand then its perfectly fine. It is a pleasure to swing as it weighs nothing. All machines have there good and better points.Charlene is being shy above when she mentions the Deus book it is a must have and it's written by her husband.

took me years to take the Deus challenge on after it came on the market but better late than never :bouncy: not a perfect detector but way out in front of the pack with the wireless no one else comes close and it might take them a while to catch up if ever :thumbup:

light weight no wires fast deep and mashes the minelabs in heavy iron, takes some time to get the hang of the deep targets and what the sounds mean but nothing a bit of digging cant fix..

AJ

Hey Friends,
My experience is a bit different. I read once - when you get a new detector use it exclusively for a time so that you are forced to learn it.

I bought the Deus to be a partner to my CTX. I used it (the Deus) exclusively for a time. I could never seem to get all the bells and whistles aligned to work well in my area. I watched every video online. Bought Andy's book as CT Todd (one of my blog hero(s) these forums) indicated and also found a great blog about setting up the Deus one way and only making slight mods to the area you are in. I came away many afternoons with wads of junk and few finds, so I have given the machine time and learning and still could not seem to get it to make finds and work as well as many on the forum claims.

Do your due diligence and listen to everyone's opinion, but in the end, the only way to find out if it works for you is to use one. Each of us brings different experiences and skills to the table, so a detector you have confidence in will be far better than one you do not.

Unfortunately, none of the XP Deus Boot Camps were taught in my area. But, if you are going to spend $1500 to $2500 plus on and XP, the cost of a boot camp, would likely save you the frustration I have had. I intend to give it a couple more tries but am going to let it go to a new home and owner real soon if I don't see the light.

Best of luck.
Jerry

jctorok said:
Hey Friends,
My experience is a bit different. I read once - when you get a new detector use it exclusively for a time so that you are forced to learn it.

I bought the Deus to be a partner to my CTX. I used it (the Deus) exclusively for a time. I could never seem to get all the bells and whistles aligned to work well in my area. I watched every video online. Bought Andy's book as CT Todd (one of my blog hero(s) these forums) indicated and also found a great blog about setting up the Deus one way and only making slight mods to the area you are in. I came away many afternoons with wads of junk and few finds, so I have given the machine time and learning and still could not seem to get it to make finds and work as well as many on the forum claims.

Do your due diligence and listen to everyone's opinion, but in the end, the only way to find out if it works for you is to use one. Each of us brings different experiences and skills to the table, so a detector you have confidence in will be far better than one you do not.

Unfortunately, none of the XP Deus Boot Camps were taught in my area. But, if you are going to spend $1500 to $2500 plus on and XP, the cost of a boot camp, would likely save you the frustration I have had. I intend to give it a couple more tries but am going to let it go to a new home and owner real soon if I don't see the light.

Best of luck.
Jerry
Good advice it’s a great machine buys a good clean used one like I did new used lol saved a lot of cash but I found the Deus very easy to use but then again so was the Etrac for me
But like stated above no other machine matches it for advanced features wireless all rechargeable at the same time along with the MI-6 pinpointer its a killer machine with the online updates to.
And it’s so lightweight I can swing it all day my Etrac would make my tennis elbow so sore not anymore with the Deus..