Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a book on the MXT Pro? :shrug:

PulltabPirate

I thought I read in a post about a MXT Pro book(s) out there but I can't find that post! Can anyone point me to a book or books on the MXT Pro? Where to get it, price etc...
Thank You!! :pulltab:

[size=large]best of my knowledge the only book is, "The MXT EDGE", by Jeff Foster. there isn't one for the Pro Version.
And, No, it doesn't cover tones , ground grab or back lighting. you'll have to refer to the owners manual for those. the book is very good on the rest.

HH[/size]

Just found that one on Amazon. $22.95! That's an expensive book!!! (Or I'm just cheap?) :pulltab:

That's not a bad buy and well worth the read!!!
You have to read it a few times to get hang of it, but it really fills in the blanks that the manuals doesn't cover.

HH

It is a great book and even though it is for the mxt, it also is very helpful for the mxt pro. I bought one when I got my pro and use it a lot!

Thanks guys! With the detector, 3 coils, pinpointer etc... It might be a while before I can scrounge up another $22.95 though! LOL :pulltab:

:cheers:[size=large]PP, i have a solution. just buy a new V3i and have the dealer throw in a copy of the book. there you go. a free copy.don't thank me.
the idea is free and worth every penny.:rofl:
really though you might be able to find one in a used book store. i look at Powell's books in portland, or. but i'm close enough to shop there. they carry new and used of every type of manuals and books. maybe you have the same type of store close by.old detectorist may have copies being sold in garge sales.or their families after they'd died. or the detectorist can't hunt any more. just some ideas. you should really get a copy . much better'n the manual. but it's very understood about funding things for this hobby.we or at least most of us are in the same boat. differant oar. if it were legal i'd scan a copy and send it to ya. but it's not so i can't. you'll be pleased when the time comes and you do get your copy. maybe someone who doesn't need their copy could send it to you.ANYONE can do it!!! just another idea.

HH[/size]

I like your ideas widebody! (Except the V3i one! LOL) I need to sell my Cherry Spectrum XLT before I buy the MXT Pro & when you add in all the other coils & "stuff" I want with it, Geeeez.... That's a lot of $$! I hope I can find a used copy of the book! I'd LUV to have it! :pulltab:

[size=large]i was able to find, stumble onto a great deal with my mxt pro. it cost me $725 and already had a dx-1 probe attached and the coil i wanted already on it. the D2. so the idea is, there are deals out there. when you get your funding you really want to shop around. i was able to trade off some things for other things i preferred. maybe you'll be able to get a copy included as part of a deal when the time comes. so far my best deals have come from Indian Nation Detectors and New England Detectors. both are sponsers on the forums. both had great deals when i was ready to buy. some dealers are offering lay-away plans. you know your affairs. you'll get one when it's right for you.

HH[/size]