Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is there a difference between minelab quattro, and quattro mp? Are they the same machine? And, is it safe to buy used?

yogaguy

Hi. I was wondering if minelab has made two versions of the quattro? I have seen a minelab quattro on the internet, and a minelab quattro mp. If they are different, is the mp a newer version? I was also wondering how safe it is to buy a "used" detector, even from a certified dealer? I have seen a used minelab quattro on the internet from a dealer for about $550.00. It said that they offered no warranty, which I expected, but that otherwise it is in excellent condition. I think it said it came with the standard 10 inch coil, and a cover for coil. Thank's for any info. or advice. Randy

They are one and the same...it's the Quattro MP (Multi-Purpose), though most drop the MP in speaking about it.

As for used, you will probably be ok. It should be noted that for an extra few hundred you would have the peace of mind of a warranty. How important is that to you? I've bought all my machines new. I have had to send in my Fisher for repair twice and a Sovereign Elite once. I may have erased any savings from buying used with the Elite repair...it got a new mainboard. That would have probably cost quite a bit. Maybe you should call Minelab and ask them "how much" for various repairs, see what you think.

Hello,

Went to beach 1 hr after High Tide and you couldn't find a place to stand, much less detect! Va Beach same? Can't make Low tide this afternoon, but plan to hit the beach about an hour before the 0700 LOW in the morning!

Guess a day of rest from all that DEEP digging was probably good for me anyway!

Not too good. I just got back from hunting the evening low tide. Found some coins and a few trinkets...nothing good. There were a lot of people there, in the water and in the wet sand. It was pretty hard to detect around them but do-able. I may go back in the AM or I may just land hunt tomorrow, give it another day (tomorrow is going to be a great beach day) and then go hit it Monday. Not decided yet...

Anyway, this was the first big day for the "kickoff" tourist weekend and they're a little slow on the "droppage" just yet. But I'm confident they'll come around soon. :lol

HH!