Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a (plug in versus screw in) adapter for coils ?

Percy

Just purchased a Platinum and thought that my 11 inch dd that I used on my delta would work but the delta is
screw on whereas the Platinum is push on.

Correct I have the same problem, an adapter could be made easy if you found the right parts. No adapter for sale though...

I know the early BHs had an adapter that even allowed the whites coils to be used....so
thought I would ask.

If the pinout is the same and the two coils are electrically compatible, the screw connector doesn't have to be there for it to work. It's just a more secure attachment than the friction-fit plug-in style.

-Ed

Ed: The pinouts are the same Qty. 5 but the Platinum plug- in is female where the delta is male.
Thanks for your reply !
Percy

Hmm, with that tossed in, when made by the same company, I'm gonna guess the coils are different and likely incompatible. Having different plugs stops people from trying what won't work properly.

-Ed

Ed is right I took an old BH coil connecter and made an adapter for a gold bug 11inch double d coil that I used on a F5 and Gamma. It worked on the Plat but the depth on air test was about 4 inches on any coin. My Platinum manual says some models came with 11" DD coil. Where can I purchase one ,any one know?

Well metaldetector.com had them when I bought my detector. I personally didn't buy one and now they aren't listed but you could call them and ask them if they will get in. Also you can search eBay there are nel coils that will fit the platinum with the plug in type of connectors

longbone said:
Ed is right I took an old BH coil connecter and made an adapter for a gold bug 11inch double d coil that I used on a F5 and Gamma. It worked on the Plat but the depth on air test was about 4 inches on any coin. My Platinum manual says some models came with 11" DD coil. Where can I purchase one ,any one know?

Right here - http://www.metaldetector.com/bounty-hunter-11-inch-dd-search-coil-gold-platinum-series
You can also use the code 10jja to get $10 off.
Or - if you add 11" Coil Cover and set of hardware for $4.95 - you will be able to use 20jja - it is $20.01 off. :)

Sure - it is expensive, but you will be able to see 3 to 4 inches deeper - according to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MseZ314ynKA