Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there a Prospecting club in SE Queensland

aushunter

Just a question, is there a gold prospecting club in the Brisbane area.
Iv'e been prospecting on and off for the last 30yrs or so and have been very busy lately, not being able to get out enough.
I have seen the Old Boys Prospectors of Australia, but that is by invitation only.
Also the Queensland gold dredgers association, I thought dredging was a no no here in Oz so I got rid of my 4" and 3" models
and only have my 2 1/2" surface left. Any help on this would be good as I miss the company of like minded people.
Also do any type of MDing from the Ocean to the Bush.
Thanks for any info at all.
aushunter:ausflag::minelab::bounty:

I am a bit out of date, but I believe the Bris. Metal Detecting Club still exists.

I was a member 10 years ago, and I understand they have since changed emphasis towards coin and treasure detecting rather than gold. But there will still be a few gold chasers amongst them.

Sorry I dont have any contact details, but Gold Gem and Treasure Magazine has a list of clubs once a year, and they might well be in the Yellow Pages. Failing that, Treasure Enterprises' David Copper will probably have contact numbers.

Good luck.

G'day Aushunter

Have a look in at this group, Alluvial gold prospectors of Australia
http://alluvialgprospectors.proboards.com/index.cgi

Heaps of information and a friendly bunch.

They have quite a few Queenslanders among the membership.

The Brisbane Metal Detecting Club has a website at http://sites.google.com/site/brismet2/

Among other things, the club organises gold trips for its members.

Club meetings are every third Thursday of the month at Kalinga Scout Hall, Bertha St, Wooloowin

Anyone interested can email brisbanedetecting@gmail.com

Happy hunting,

Richard