Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is there any advanage to after market coil for vaquero?

I considered going with Cors.
But I wanted the fortune coil.
Then was looking at the elliptical 6x10 and still considering it.
Heard good things about the cors coils.

I have had a friend give me his 2 cents on a cors coil. He said it did not do so well and did not notice anything about it that would have convinced him to get another one and sold it. If you are looking at getting another coil for your tesoro, I would just consider another tesoro large DD or widescan coil from them.

I am running a Tejon and the stock 9x8 concentric coil. Now I wanted a small coil and didn't think the 5.75 was small enough, so I went with a NEL snake, no complaints with that little coil.

So bottom line if the factory makes a coil that fits your needs I would get that over a after market coil of the same size.

Ron in WV

amberjack said:
Detech coils are more stable 6x8 is a good all-rounder have found chains fine bracelets with this coil.

AJ

AJ,which detector/s do you run the SEF8x6 on ?? i use one on the DFX,which does work very well i must admit,and very tempted on getting one for the T2 and Vaquero,but will give my Mars coil a go on the VAQ 1st then see what the verdict is.On the T2 it seems to be the only coil that is available in between the 5'' and 9.5'' Sharpshooter coil,not heard anyone use the small SEF on the T2 yet,so can basically only assume what it would be like from how sharp it is on the DFX.

Mega said:
amberjack said:
Detech coils are more stable 6x8 is a good all-rounder have found chains fine bracelets with this coil.

AJ

AJ,which detector/s do you run the SEF8x6 on ?? i use one on the DFX,which does work very well i must admit,and very tempted on getting one for the T2 and Vaquero,but will give my Mars coil a go on the VAQ 1st then see what the verdict is.On the T2 it seems to be the only coil that is available in between the 5'' and 9.5'' Sharpshooter coil,not heard anyone use the small SEF on the T2 yet,so can basically only assume what it would be like from how sharp it is on the DFX.

Run it on the V would have one for all my detectors if someone would buy them for me :wiggle: super sensitive on the V , haven't had it in super iron pits so cant say how it does there although I did have one on the etrac and some how it parted company with me and so have to get a new one at some point and It did well in iron.

Detech coils in my book are the most stable and I like that lots not sure about their customer service ??, then along comes the raw power of the mars coils and I like that too :yo: and so I need a personal loan to complete the sets :rant:

glad I am not rich I wouldn't be able to store my stuff although I guess I would have more room :lmfao:

I do rate the 6x8 Mega its a real nice coil. that's the short answer :rofl:

AJ

Thank everyone for their input I think it's down to 10by 12 sef if I can find someone that sells them ( do they make them for vaq ?) or the Tesoro 10 by 12 . The reason I'm leaning towards the sef is it is not as open as Tesoro less to catch on things in the woods plus I've heard more good things about the sef coil not that the Tesoro isn't good also.

Ive got the 15" cors coil and i like it. Also have the 10x13 mars coil and its great too both have gotten me gold in the last week.

spellman said:
Ive got the 15" cors coil and i like it. Also have the 10x13 mars coil and its great too both have gotten me gold in the last week.

Hi spellman
I can't contact you true email because it's hidden, but would like to ask you something about your Minelab Explorer SE Pro when you got problems with split display when your light was on. Did they tell you what was causing that, because I have the same problem. Works good with light off, when I turn on the light after awhile display is half blank.

Here is a locked threat where you posted about it:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,1843072,1849474#REPLY