Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a coin or what? Need help please

Happa54

Hello all...

I dug this up today at a city park adjacent one of the California missions that has been there since 1797.

The coin is paper thin and I don't have any idea how to clean it up or maybe I should just leave it alone. Looks pretty old.

It sounded like nickel in conductive and like a clad dime in AM.

Also dug up this old metal button there the other day. Sounded like clad dime all the way.

Here they both are sitting next to a silver dime for size comparison.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Wish I could help you on the round object that has a hole in it but the button should clean up awesome use naval jelly on that button apply with a soft toothbrush let sit on for a minutes then rince and repeat if need be.