Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this a hood ornament, or ... ??

Paul in NJ

This find came from my dad's yard (among the other stuff found). It might be a hood ornament (a lot of cars & trucks were worked on there, over the decades).

It's not very visible, but there are weld marks on the hands that indicate something was held between them.

Any ideas??

That pose is similar to the coal miners decals you see on trucks here in WV. Except she doesn't have a headlamp or any clothes. Probably not a hood ornament because it looks like it could be from the 20's or 30's and even today, it is not common to see a naked lady hood ornament where people are driving right around in public. That might have been a decoration for a bar or nightclub.

IDK, kinda got that 1920's hood ornament look. there were aftermarket options too, also radiator caps with temperature gauges that had ornaments. old trophy maybe.

Naked lady tells me it is not a retail piece on a vehicle. I am curious as to what else is in the ground at the same level in the same area. Novelty items post ww2 are consistent with this pose. Peace