Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is this batt size still available

gliderpilot1234

Hi i have a whites gold master and it takes a 67/and a half volt batt are they still available and where can they be purchases .Regards John

Yes it is.
Costs around US $ 60
Feller posted a link a while ago. If I remeber correctly it led to ebay.
Use the search modus.
Think it was for detector using tubes.
Real old school detector anyway.
Good luck
skookum

Here, it is an Eveready 416.
Scroll down the page (if the mods don

You can find the 67.5 volt battery on eBay, that's were I purchase mine.

Very expensive but last over 100 hours, one will most likely last for years.

Plus, these old Whites BFO and the earlier models Whites carried (OreMaster) also operated with the older box type 1 1/2 volt batteries. These are tought finding a replacement, What I do is connect two single 1 1/2 D batteries parallel using modern battery holders from Radio shack to provide 1 1/2 volts. Note these must be parallel so both 1 1/2 volt batteries still have an output of 1 1/2 volts, in order for these older whites to opearate efficiently they need a constant flow of voltage. Otherwise, They drift needing constant tuning.

One of the pics shows the 67.5 volt battery, and two sets each connected with two D batteries with each set having two single D battery holders connected parallel. The other picture is of an earlier Whites BFO, the OreMaster was one of the first BFO models Whites started manufacturing before they changed to using the Whites name.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Paul (Ca)

Do a google search on "Replica Eveready 467" for ideas on stacking 9V batteries inside an old 467 shell. Radio restorers use this trick all the time.

Cheaper and should last longer if you use Alkalines.