Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this falsing?

A

Anonymous

I get a lot of hits where I get a couple of good double blips with my cz-5,but then it just seems to disappear.No matter how I pass the coil over the area where the good sounding blips sounded I get no response.Is this falsing or am I missing something?One other problem I have is a good double blip and when I use pinpointing I do the left,right,down and up movement,except that when I do the up part it gets further away from my double blip area.In other words the left,right and down movement is great,but up movement is totally irrational.Anyone noticed this and can explain?

good question i whant to know this too lol.. Are you working the beach by any chance? This is where im having 99.9999999999% of this happen to me.

It defintely sounds like falsing. I think you need to slow down your sweep speed as that is the main culprit for falsing. Be sure your coil is flat to the ground and as close as possible. In some ground it takes the machine a couple of swings to verify that the target is bad and that will take a couple of swings. As for the up down on the pinpointing? Never heard of that i just move the coil away fronm the target then hit the pinpoint button and bring it back in. When I am narrowing it down to the exact spot I move the coil back and forth about 2" either way.