Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this normal for SE Pro?

txop

I have had my explorer se pro for about a year and just started trying to really learn how to use it.

For now I am hunting in the factory present mode. Lately I have been trying to hunt some old city parks. These parks are very, very littered with all sorts of junk. Tons of bottle caps and crushed cans.

When I swing my coil, 8x6 sef, I get all sorts of tones. Like the detector is playing music. I can tell a good smooth signal but all the other racket is annoying.

I am used to setting the discrimination up high on my MXT and just hearing it pop a little over the same ground. I know the default explorer program is more open that what I am describing on the MXT.

I hope this makes sense? So is it normal? It does seem to operator pretty quiet in cleaner areas.

Thanks for any comments

Yes, that is normal. It is quiet in clean ground. I hunt alot of farm fields that had old farmsteads on them with alot of iron and other trash. I use the 8x6sef alot and for me the key is to slow your sweep speed way down. Listen for the higher tones and move around the target to get the cleanest signal. The explorer really excells in trashy areas with the small coils. I use Bryce's settings and they work great for me. Get Andy Sabisch's book if you dont already have it. It really helped me alot. Good luck, hope I was able to help, Joe.

Thanks Joe.

After I posted this I thought about it and realize the way the descrimination is set I am just hearing all the junk also. You can't compare it to turning the knob up on my MXT.

I just ordered Andy's book last night.

Harold

The book will help you alot for certain. The first time you dig a keeper out of a hole with nails or iron in with it you'll get it. Good luck and remember to slow down in the trashy areas, Joe.