Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is this normal?

grantham

Found this today. I am hoping geocaching...as opposed to a plethora of other possibilities that might lead to my abduction or worse.
A Western Digital 640gb internal HD, wrapped in foil. Doesn't appear to have been there too long maybe a few rains, but not a winter.
It powers up with the SATA cable and I have hooked it up to a p.o.s. laptop, an IBM Thinkpad with Windows 98, and an old MacBook and got nothing.
A friend will be helping me with it on Sunday, he thinks windows XP will offer some insight.
So back to my original question, is this normal, are hard drives commonly stashed along creek banks on the outskirts of a public park?

May belong to the Clintons. Ha!Ha! Just joking, no, that's not normal at all. Interesting to see what you find on it. Grubstake

Good luck with that corrosion. Have to read the 1s and 0s with a microscope and do the forensics.
I aggree maybe a Clinton drive or maybe A Debbie washerman Schultz drive.
Their all crooked on that side. But just a teflon as could be... nothing ever sticks.
Maybe now with that fat @55 doner, thats in trouble.... never know?

Update:

I have successfully connected the hard drive to a Windows 7 operating system. While in disk management, Windows7 reported that the drive is working properly.
However, according to Win7 the drive reads 0gb, no total capacity or any data, just 0gb. Clearly the contents were not supposed to be found as easy as plug-n-play.
Tomorrow while sipping on PBR, we aim to scan the drive to see if any 1's & 0's are recoverable. If so, we hope to partition a small open/free section of the drive to drop a new boot protocol.
Fingers crossed we don't unlock the Demogorgon.

Funny thing is... I would never have predicted that Dirt Fishing would lead to Digital Fishing, LOL.

HH!