Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

is this the Slimline coil?

My explorer SE came with a coil that says "FBS Slimline" is this the slimline coil that I might want to upgrade to something else? Being a first time ML user I thought the depth was pretty daqrn good, So it can be even better? I found a small fly fishing reel at an honest 12" last week laying on its side.

That's the one. My SE came with it too. I'm sure it's a good coil if you give it time to work for you...but my SE really started working for me when I switched out that coil and put on the EX II stock coil.

It made a world of difference on how my SE reacted to targets. Much more stable and smooth. So much so that it was like getting a new machine IMHO.

If you are doing well with it...heck...don't worry about it. Some people loved it and still do...while some didn't like it much.

Whatever works for each of us it what's best.

If you want to try an EX II coil though...I just put one up for sale on the classifieds.

I bought a cherry EX II from forum sponsor Richard of Backwoods Detectors just 3 days ago...and it came with a very nice stock coil. I already have 2 of those stock EX II coils though...so I put this one up for sale for $75 delivered