Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Is V3i/Vx3 in Wet Salt Beach as good as Minelab FBS?

psyvad

I've been thinking about unloading a couple of my detectors to try a Spectra (again). My Minelab Safari runs very smoothly in the wet salt mineralized sand, and I was wondering if the Spectra V3i would offer the same performance in those conditions.

Thanks!

In my opinion it does if you use either the 9.5" or 12" concentric coils. At least that is what I used. ROB

psyvad said:
I've been thinking about unloading a couple of my detectors to try a Spectra (again). My Minelab Safari runs very smoothly in the wet salt mineralized sand, and I was wondering if the Spectra V3i would offer the same performance in those conditions.

Thanks!

Almost every other hunt of mine is at the beach. It works great. When I am in the dry flour sand I run a modified program of coin and jewelery. In the wet sand or at the edge I run the salt beach program with little tweaks. I have a black sand beach here that I sometimes lack depth with, no coins deeper than 10" max.

I don't know about the FBS but my BBS is much deeper than my V3 on wet salt sand.

My Minelab SE is no better. ROB

I have recently purchased a Whites V3 (upgraded to V3i) and have not had the opportunity to use it on a wet salt beach but judging from the comments of some V3i owners it will certainly do the job but in all honesty - my favorite detector for a wet salt beach is any of the CZ series of detectors based on my past experience with them (the CZ 70 is now my back up to the V3i).

One of my reasons for saying this is because the CZ 70 is pretty water tight and I would not want to take the chance of getting the V3i splashed on even though it sounds like it could go just as deep in the wet sand.

I think the V3 is equal or better unless you're running a WOT coil on the minelab in which case you would get a bit more depth, but less target analysis. Just MHO.

I run a Minelab Sovereign GT on the wet sand with a Sunray Intruder S-12 coil. I'd sure like to see a V3i program that will run as quiet and deep. I haven't come up with one yet. As far as target analysis on the beach, when I hunt I don't bother with trying to analize the target. I can scoop it out and use the worlds best discrimator (my eyes), in less time than trying to analize a signal. I've been using my V3i as long as just about anyone (mine's a Vision bought new the first month they came out Ser #35). I'm still developing my Wet sand program.

Think they where asking about FBS ........the Sovereign GT is BBS ....But I agree I find it very hard for anything to beat a Sovereign GT on a salt beach