Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Issue with new F75 SE

Bill D. (VA)

This is a brand new machine, not an upgrade of an old unit. I've noticed on numerous occasions that my hunting mode (or process) changes by itself from time-to-time. Some hunts it works fine, but most of the time it will jump around. I usually hunt in JE mode, but next thing I know things sound different and I realize the machine has changed into FA, or some other process. This is quite frustrating as I need to constantly be aware of things, and have to frequently check my setting to make sure it hasn't changed. Sometimes it will change itself multiple times in a single hunt. Anyone else noticed this problem?

If your machine has FA process, it's an F75LTD2 not an F75se. Send it back or call your dealer. It's not right. How does the pinpoint sound?? Momma bug??? No matter get the unit fixed or replaced.

Unless you are pushing something or turning something inadvertently it shouldn't be changing.

I follow F-75 on several forums and have not heard of this. Make sure you press the menu button to flip past the process selection when making changes.

Bill, after you get set up to hunt, push the red button till your one the sens setting or something other than the process selection. All it takes is a bump or two of the knob to change the process if that was the last selection you made. Easy to do if your wearing heavy gloves or something. I KNOW your are used to the machine..................just offering suggestions.......................... Seems odd that it would be able to change processes itself.......

Bumping the control knob will easily change the process mode. Once I set the process mode I'll switch to the sensitivity mode and leave it there. If the knob gets bumped it won't matter as much if the sensitively is one number higher or lower. Good Luck!

tabman

From the manual, the way I read this is once the menu selection times out the settings knob does nothing, and on my machine that seems to be the case. So I really don't see how it could jump modes. I have had 4 of these f75's in the past 5 years and none have ever jumped a setting. If it does I would say it is broken and needs to go back for repairs.

Ron in WV

To change a setting, rotate the knob.
To increase a value, rotate to the right (clockwise)
To decrease a value, rotate to the left (counterclockwise)
If you select a function and
do not make a change to
that function after 7
seconds, the detector will
exit the menu system
automatically, deactivate
the SETTINGS knob, and
resume normal operation.

Here's a tip that's not in the manual: when you are in either the Discr or the All Metal modes and get done making any changes press the selector knob. It takes you to the top of either the Discr or All Metal categories above the menu "pages". I don't know if this is so for all F-75s but it does this in mine ($309 upgrade on a 2007 F-75se).

I don;t know if this is a good idea as it's not in the manual but it does work.

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Here's a tip that's not in the manual: when you are in either the Discr or the All Metal modes and get done making any changes press the selector knob. It takes you to the top of either the Discr or All Metal categories above the menu "pages". I don't know if this is so for all F-75s but it does this in mine ($309 upgrade on a 2007 F-75se).

I don;t know if this is a good idea as it's not in the manual but it does work.

Later I will open a new thread to talk more about the push on the control knob. This is a issue I had or maybe still have with my upgrade.
Ron in WV