Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It Lives :)

Dan(NM)

I've been out of commission for the last couple of months with a broken ankle. While I was laid up, I did a couple of mods to a couple of Explorer's I bought last month. I stole the idea from Kevin(IDX Monster), thanks again! I finally healed up enough to hobble down by a lake near my house and do some digging. I ran it with gain set at 7...16 manual sens...variability set at 10...conductive tone...fast recovery....no disc..... manual noise cancel at 1...Minelab 8" coil.

One thing I did find out real quick was how fast it is to get out of shape. Anyway, set out to dig it all and relearn the Explorer and test out the equipment. I've running the Nox 800 for the last 2 years. The chestmount setup works like a charm with no hiccups to speak of. I'm running wireless earbuds that are APTX LL and the transmitter is also APTX LL, no noticeable lag. The battery is mounted on the back of the housing and is a 12v 3000 mah power bank. I tested it and it ran for about 15 hours with the back light on, full threshold, full sensitivity, in the garage with 11"coil mounted.

I'm very pleased with how smooth the set-up works and was able to dig a couple of keepers while testing it out. The finds are from 2 outings, I found a silver ring and a silver bead the first time out and 2 more of the silver beads and another silver ring , along with the other items today. I'm thinking the silver beads were part of a bracelet or necklace as they were spread out from where I found the first one. One of them rang at 2/30 the first one 5/28, I was surprised at how hard the Explorer hit such small items. Feels good to be swinging a coil again, gonna take the monster old coin hunting tomorrow.

I am pleased to see you had a good outing and that it seems to work as you planned Dan. I had mine out today also in an old fairground with the Sunray X-8 and did well. To me, the 8” coils are the best of all worlds when it comes to going somewhere you’re not that familiar with...good size and weight, generally very good depth, separation works very well, EMI resistant due to size, balance is perfect....then you switch to the larger coils for those deep turf coins....I’m glad you’re back in business! Please keep us updated as you go....:thumbup: