Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It paid off to knock on some doors today.

In the past I always was nervous to knock on stranger's doors so I stuck to public areas where permission wasn't necessary or asked friends and family to detect their properties. For the last year and a half I have worked part time as a union organizer. It involved knocking on a lot of doors. It also gave me the courage to knock on some doors and ask permission to metal detect. I was granted permission to detect a home dating back to the early 1800's. I had a blast finding mostly wheat pennies but moved to the base of a big maple and found the shoe buckle. I then began digging iffy signals since the lawn was loaded with cut nails and I found the large cent and then the IH. Both were 9-10" deep.

Cool, I’ve been trying to muster the courage to do that. Considered having a release of liability form ready if it came up. PA.

Very nice finds!!

Nice finds yeah I should door knock more plug master ford on YouTube is always door knocking and finds great stuff!

Good point on the form piedmont! What really convinced me to knock on some doors was having driven by the same old homes all my life thinking wow it would be cool to metal detect there and then seeing someone from out-of-state doing it just because they asked permission LOL

Thanks guys! It was so nice to see that large cent and the Indian Head all nice and green and not ruined.

Great finds!

I keep looking at the Wheat penny. In the photo, mostly it looks like a 1915D. I tried different "zoom" levels, and sometimes the "5" isn't so clear, but it looks a little like a "4". If it's a 1914D, you have a real rare coin, a key date.

Cheers,

Joe

Thanks a bunch Joe! Unfortunately it said 1915 but wouldn't that be awesome if it was rare ;-)

Thanks Woody me too I'm going to bring it and show the homeowner and give it to him if he wants it. There's still a lot of ground to cover and I think it'd be a nice gesture the guy seem nice as could be he's an old farmer who would probably appreciate it.

Excellent finds there Foreverteahable! I suspect that the flood gates are now open and your good finds will be increased. The worse case scenario is that you will be denied permission, in which case just knock on another door. Remember that Babe Ruth struck out many times but still managed to have a long lasting home run title. My best success at door knocking was about 30 years ago when I was granted permission to detect a Gulf Oil Camp which had over 60 foundations on it. The camp was active from 1936 to about 1955. I hunted the site for over 25 years and still pay it a visit occasionally. I dug PLENTY of silver and WW2 military relics there not to mention vintage toys and marbles. Don't ask me about rattle snakes though hahahah. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks again Blind squirrel and that sounds like an amazing spot. We even asked permission again today from a homeowner nect to the park and gave them a musketball and some wheaties.