Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It was great to get out with my F 70!!

John 'n' W.Va

We had a break in the weather. With just a sweatshirt, I took a hike to a wooded area that use to be a ball field. It was about a half a mile hike with little snow on the ground with temps in the 40's F. The quad-runner trails helped my trek. My father -in -law told me the ball field was last used in the late 40's. When I got to the suspected area I set the sen. 99 and the threshold to 9 and ran it dis. at 3. It ran smooth and quiet with the stock coil. The only time it got noisy was when a plan few over. I figured it was because I had the sen. turned up high and was picking up the metal on the plane.:rofl:

I didn't find anything great, but it was nice to be out in the fresh air. Some lead from bullets, a few beaver tails and some clad from the trails. In the suspected ball field I found an old hair Barrett, a 1942-D dime, a cowboy hat ring and a girl scout pin.
[attachment 151112 01-24-20101942-D.jpg]

[attachment 151110 01-24-2010cowboyring.jpg]

[attachment 151111 01-24-2010grilscoutpin.jpg]

[attachment 151109 01-24-2010balltotal.jpg]

n/t

John great work on the western hat ring. Here is what I could find on it....
http://books.google.com/books?id=Yh4EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA84&lpg=PA84&dq=%22western+hat+ring%22&source=bl&ots=m9eBL4xXVA&sig=wzrN9jXt7JQXUlaymEWb9NXk9uY&hl=en&ei=bQdfS7jcDpKplAfsipzbCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=%22western%20hat%20ring%22&f=false
Happy trails ....Z

cool finds
like the ring :thumbup:

Oh well, I can see they aren't worth anything. They sell for $7 a dozen.:rofl: I would have bought that 22 for $10 instead.

I loved reading about all the articles for sell.