Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It was nice to detect for the first time in a while.

A good friend of mine who has trouble getting around these days after a bad car accident showed me a bunch of Cellar holes that he knows of. He reminded me of some of the important things that are overlooked or taken for granted, like the simple Act of being able to walk through the woods in search of a Cellar hole. Luckily there were many right next to the road and even brought some hot dogs and buns which we cooked on a fire next to the old home site.

bootyhoundpa said:
Awesome. .. too often we judge a successful hunt by the fwinds instead of the experience. . Congrats..

So true bootyhoundpa. Often when I'm fishing or metal detecting and have hot run or treasure site right in front of me I'm all about fishing and detecting but today it was just nice to sit down with my buddy and gtill some hot dogs and talk about the important things of life.

Too often, we forget to realise that 99.9% of us will never get rich metal detecting and some get really discouraged when they don't find anything of value. But like yourself and many of us, we enjoy the 'journey' and the good stuff you find on the way is the icing on the cake! Most long time and serious metal detectorist's have that healthy perspective and that's why they are in it for the long run. When you do take pleasure in the simple things of life like good friends, family, food and the physical ability to even get out of the house and walk and to be able to enjoy this and other hobbies is something to be extremely thankful for.:thumbup:

Well said Goldstrike!