Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It was quite a evening tonight. I found my third half dollar ever!

n/t

Nice find loves those silver halves got five since feb!

Congrats, Forever. I’m still looking for my first. I like the old relics too !

That is amazing Mkus!!!! Is also inspirational knowing that they're still some out there waiting to be found.

Thanks piedmont! Keep searching you will find one . It was many years before I found my first old copper and that was the coin I want it to find most .A buddy of mine once ask me while we were hunting a field in Saratoga, " what are you thinking of?" I think I replied that I was thinking of fishing or school or something else. He replied that I needed to focus on what I wanted to find and picture in my mind. I did and found my first old copper there was no date on it but he said it was probably from the 1700s. I think a lot of the big silver like the half dollars in dollars are in out-of-the-way places. The home I have hunted twice dates back to 1802 and I had found no silver at all which led me to believe that someone has already detected it. Based on this I went in the woods and that's where I found the big silver.

Foreverteachable said:
That is amazing Mkus!!!! Is also inspirational knowing that they're still some out there waiting to be found.
Yeah i've been pretty lucky three walkers and two franklins! and two silver dollars a 1883 morgan and a 1923 peace dollar!
Good job love seeing big silver!

I do too Mkus :super:

Thanks Doc!

Thanks Bootyhound!

Nice finds! My first two silver coins were Walkers. The first was at the base of a giant tree in Madison. And I found it with my Vibratector (small vibrating detector for snorkeling). The second was on the beach in Bolivia’s CA.

My favorite relic is the flat button. It seems to be fairly rare to find one with that much embellishment. Did you find the half dollar in a burnt area? Lots of black crusty stuff. If so, that's a great place to concentrate on.

Yes a silver half is always pleasant to find. Looks like you were hunting some old ground. Old Ground plus expertise = Goodies

Thanks and that is awesome Zac you set the bar pretty high right off the bat. I got two Walkers and one seated 1875. I sold a lot of my coins when I was in college so it's nice to start replenishing them.

Thanks Sir Cupajo! The home was built in 1800 or so. That was the only silver that I found there in two Hunts and it was in the woods where they had thrown ashes over the years.I believe it had been detected before so I went nice and slow and found the Indian Head and button.

Thanks Floyd. I smiled real big when l saw that button and when I began cleaning it and saw that noce green patina. The silver was in the woods where they had thrown ashes over the years. I hadn't found any silver on the lawn and given how old the house was I figured it'd been had been detected so I focused on the woods for a bit.