Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It would seem not possible to do an Air test on a modded Cibola?

:Left4Dead

Right?

Since where in the world would you GB it while its on your table?

Mike

Well the vaquero manual has directions.
Find out what percentage it is on the 3 3/4 pot positive or neg you are supposed to set a vaquero to, then do that same percentage out of 10 turns on the cibola.
But easiest would be what pinenut says lol

I find that once its ground balanced outside and I bring it in, set it up on table, the air tests are horrible. Unless I use no disc and highest sens and still not seeming right?

Well the vaquero says to go full positive then one turn negative. So in 10 pot terms that would be full positive then 3-3.5 turns negative.

Funny part about those machines and all pretty much when testing inside, is that it's not the same. Especially not comparable to how deep in the ground. But air testing outside after balancing might be better too.

But no matter what, air tests are no real comparison to real world.

Just like dry dirt the machine will go more shallow than wet dirt. And higher mineralized ground will hinder you too. Also turning the disc up while hunting affects it.

I use them mainly to find general areas where certain things fall out. If I took my cibola and yours, there's a good chance that a nickel falls out at a different spot on mine than yours. Same for anything really.
But that could be from factory or because the previous owner loosened the set screw on the disc knob and set it himself.
I set mine zinc pennies because nickels read differently between years.
But bench testing is useful for me with my bag-o-trash which are things I've saved that are trash so I can see how my machines react to them. Other than that air tests, especially inside a home, aren't very indicative of the real world performance of the detector.