Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Item from 1800's homesite

tencents

Found this and can't figure it out, penny for size comparison. Very heavy for the size. Any ideas appreciated. 20220324_153637.jpg20220324_153648.jpg

Is it lead ? What is the material inside it (packed dirt) ? Does the bottom of it look worn like rubbed from sliding ? Sorry for all the questions but these are some of the things I look for when I find unidentifiable stuff. And I ask myself the questions.. Hope you get an ID on it. HH

Is it lead ? What is the material inside it (packed dirt) ? Does the bottom of it look worn like rubbed from sliding ? Sorry for all the questions but these are some of the things I look for when I find unidentifiable stuff. And I ask myself the questions.. Hope you get an ID on it. HH
It's cleaned up inside appears to be lead and the outside maybe pewter. Doesn't appear to have been slid. Thanks for looking.

Train cars used something similar, but they had a wire coming out of them. They were solid lead.