Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's a bird, it's a plane.....

BigCatDaddy

no, it's a pen knife shaped like the Concorde!! I went out Sunday morning, just to pop some battery money up at the local high school. They have curbed islands in one of the parking lots and have produced some rings in the past and always a good coin count. No rings today, but the coin count was good and got a really unique find, at least I think so. Here's the total take!

[attachment 274403 0_concclad.jpg]
And the reality check!!
[attachment 274404 0_conctrash.jpg]

At first, I didn't know what the heck the thing at the bottom was. I thought it a piece of junk metal. Then I noticed some letters under the thick layer of crud, so I gave it a good scrub when I got home and saw it said Concorde and that it was a knife. I still had no idea what kind of metal was under there so I put it in a dish of Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and let it do it's job overnight. I was quite surprised at what I found this morning. I gave it a little work with some Brasso and Brilliant Polishing cloth and here's the final product.
[attachment 274405 0_concconclt.jpg]
[attachment 274406 0_concconcrt.jpg]
It appears to be nice heavy brass and I'm guessing it was a promotional piece. I can't find any info on it, probably won't either but it's a pretty interesting piece for my collection.

Sweet find BCD! I never thought of those islands in the parking lots being a good source. Thanks for that info. Do you live where they plow snow?

Very nice clean up job! :thumbup: And a great hunt too! Its good to get out of the water every once in a while to rack up some battery clad on the dirt.
Mud

[size=large]I figure that plane is gunna be a collectors item soon if it isn't already what with the demise of the Concorde flights and planes.
very cool find.

HH[/size]

Very cool find, BigCat! That's a good one to hang on to for a while and just enjoy. It'll probably be a high value collectible one of these days! I saw one on ebay, but no useful info on the maker or ?? Great bag o' change, too! Makes a fella wonder what them kids are getting up to on those islands!

I'll bet that BA used to sell/give out that knife...now you can't barely even get on the plane with nail clippers!

That's awesome and the fact the plane doesn't fly anymore can't hurt it's value/collectability. Congrats Artie