Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's here!!

DigDugNY

My impact arrived not too long ago. So pumped. Hoping to go try It out today, depends on weather

Lucky duck! I hope you have fun!

Christmas is here!!!!!!!!! Santa did not bring me anything. Congrats on your machine. Hope to hear reviews soon.

Mine just arrived also. Going to check out what looks to be a non detected cellar hole with a friend tomorrow to see what it can pull out.

ColonialEraHunter said:
Mine just arrived also. Going to check out what looks to be a non detected cellar hole with a friend tomorrow to see what it can pull out.

Good luck!
No colonial cellar holes here in Arizona:sadwalk:

no colonial cellar holes, you say? BUT you do have early Spanish settlements! Those are YOUR "colonial."

Wayne

Hi Wayne,
Getting on those settlements is near impossible. Only hope is if you know a rancher that has an old settlement on his private property that will grant permission. We have a ridiculous, ill written, although well intended law, called the Antiquities Act. It states that it is illegal to remove any thing from public property that is 50 or more years old. It's original intention was to help preserve ancient Indian ruins from being dug and plundered. Theoretically, since the pull tab is now over 50, they can ticket and fine you for recovering one while detecting. The law, IMO, needs to be re-written to be more specific and up to date. Thankfully, they haven't made it illegal to prospect for gold or meteorites on public property.

Dean

I'm not much for detecting public property; too many bureaucrats with nothing better to do than harass those who pay their salaries.
Don't know about ranchers, but farmers here in the east are pretty nice about granting permission to responsible diggers. Some NOs of course, but there are YESes to be found!

Doesn't hurt to ask!

Wayne