Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ITS NICE TO BE HOME & HUNTING SILVER

stubbs1

Got home from Texas last week, it was a nice winter. Have been anxious to get out & find some coins. Beach hunting on SPI was pretty slow this year. Went to an old house built in the 1850's, managed 2 silver &some wheats The Vicksburg & New Orleans badge is very odd to be here in Iowa, I have no idea what it was for ,Any ideas? same with the trocadero token or what ever it is.Its nice to be back & hunting. HH everyone

Maybe it is some sort of railroad tag or badge? That would be my guess anyways.

Very nice finds !!

Very nice finds, especially that Barber quarter. There were numerous cities issuing tokens with Trocadero (Hibbing, MN; St. Paul, MN; Omaha, NE; Helena, MT) but none of them match yours. Your token looks almost like a tool check piece or a picker token (used to keep track of the quantity that a worker would pick). You might want to check local historical society for info. The Vicksburg & New Orleans badge is really cool. All I could find was a steamer (ship) from late 1800s with that name. It was a rural post office mail carrier and may have serviced parts of Iowa. This badge might be very collectible if that's the case. HH

Thanks for your input guys. Thanks Token Digger, I'm close to the Miss river & an old railroad station