Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's nice to have a hobby that pays back!!!!

Today I cashed in my clad that I had found over the last little while. I do not get out to hunt as much these days so I was a bit surprised when It was enough to pay for my new coil and some extras. It is nice to have a hobby that is exciting, fun and pays you back enough to buy new gear and batteries. I learned an important lesson while cleaning a mountain of clad. It might be more wise to sort change after every hunt and turn in the change I have found every quarter of the year. I can't wait to get out and try the new coil. Good luck everyone and HH.

Shhhh! Keep quiet! We dont want all the golfers trading in their clubs!...:rofl: Those guys will ruin this Sport for everybody!
Mud

Good Job, DD33! I agree! I love the payback!:beers:

But what to do with the zinc pennys. The teller at the bank says not to bring them there .

hatpin said:
But what to do with the zinc pennys. The teller at the bank says not to bring them there .

Have you tried putting them in coinstar machine?We have those machines out here in NC.(inside some of our grocery stores)HH

Dont find much modern coinage in the UK as such,i guess if i was to beach detect that would provide more beer tokens as i call them,but i do find a hell of alot of old lead,brass and copper from our old roman sites,this is then put into scrap bins and taken down the tat yard once a year,it helps pay for petrol for the old truck and also a few extra beer tokens at weekend detecting rallies.

Dont and never will sell any of my gold coins that i have found over the years,those are priceless to me and always locked away,but i will agree with you it can provide some pay back for sure,but alas it never covers what is spent on new detecting equipment,but the wife always thinks my scrap does cover all my costs :rofl: just hope when they nail the lid down on my wooden overcoat no one tells here the real trueth :rofl: :rofl:

hatpin said:

I reload Ammo so I put them in a Tumbler and Tumble them. When through they go to Coinstar and I run them through multiple times. It will accept a large percentage. The rest I spend. If you try you can spend a bunch quick. No law says the Pennies have to look good.