Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's nice when you don't have to travel far

ShadyMechanic

[attachment 274461 rps20130916_204953.jpg]I got home tonight and checked my mail to find an advertisement from Minelab and that just made me want to take my ctx out for a few swings before dark. I recently changed my settings, so I headed into my backyard in hopes of finding maybe a coin or two that I missed on my previous hunts. The house was built in the 1950's and has produced several wheats, a couple silvers, countless zincs, some clad, and based on the surrounding history there was a minie ball in the backyard.

I have done extensive research on the skirmish that was fought in my town during March of 1865. Although it was a rather minor battle, the idea of unearthing civil war history has been very exciting for me. Based on the research I have done with maps indicating specific landmarks such as the C&O railroad; I've determined that the neighborhood I live in was a staging area for union troops prior to them marching to the battle site. I found one dropped minie ball in my backyard 6 months ago and I was beginning to think it was a fluke that it ended up there until today when I found another one.

I'm going to seek permission from my neighbors who are willing and see if I can find more supporting evidence.

Nice finds Shady.I want a back yard like that. :thumbup: