Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's official...

Jeff (or)

Allan Cannon is now working for Tesoro, and he states "things are now moving forward with Tesoro"
I don't know exactly what position he has there, but I am sure he is a welcomed asset.

Who is this Allan Cannon person then ?? never heard of him.

Allan Cannon headed up Compass metal detectors many years ago, many believe they were the apex of analog metal detectors.

Vito

Are you well versed in Compass history? It certainly was not his fault that Compass folded.......

Allan was the marketing director at Compass when it was doing well (according to Monte).

I'm sure an old pro like him will help, but what they really need is an injection of working capital and a couple of engineers, otherwise.......

Jeff (or) said:
Allan Cannon is now working for Tesoro, and he states "things are now moving forward with Tesoro"
I don't know exactly what position he has there, but I am sure he is a welcomed asset.

That's the best news straight from Allan's mouth. Tesoros best move to date is hiring Allen.
More to come..................................:thumbup::thumbup:

Any improvement Tesoro makes to the design and marketing of their detectors, no matter how miniscule, will be a step in the right direction. I've never known such a high-quality product with such abysmal marketing.

Allan makes regular posts on the Compass forum since 2008

If only they could only get John Earle on board as engineer, don't even know if he is still around:shrug:

I would do their marketing for them but they don't speak Australian :lmfao: I could just see the marketing meeting probably a bit like it is now :poke:

but hey its Tesoro we wouldn't expect anything less knobs and switches breeds a knobs and switches mentality :clapping:

really in Aussie terms they are rooted , hope this Alan fella can help but I have said it till I am blue in the face how many different ways can you arrange knobs and switches??

I really hope they kick on I really do !!

AJ

Hombre said:
If only they could only get John Earle on board as engineer, don't even know if he is still around:shrug:

Frank made a posting last year:
Hello Guys,
Here is a recent picture of my friend John Earle. I spoke to him about possibly doing a question and answer session about his Compass designs and he said that would be nice when he gets the extra time. John is a great guy and his knowledge of the industry and metal detector technology is amazing. I dont think that Compass would have been who they were without John Earle.

Most likely he will be public relations front man..as that has always been his field..
Maybe information will now be available. Wouldn't make much sense to hire a public relations/sales manager type. Then keep him quiet.

Allan Canon............John Earle..........these guys might be OK but even William Shatner.......(if they could lure him away from Priceline) wouldn't do very much for Tesoro!!!!!

Tesoro need a top flight engineer/s who are in tune with modern electronics and detecting needs,hiring a public relations person may help to address the concerns about Tesoros's future but its new products that folks want,and they will only come with new engineering blood,Compass may have been one of the top detecting brand names on the planet but alas they are a 'had been' company and not in the modern era.

Of course time will tell,but all the top detecting technicians that are currently around are spoken for and command top dollar salary wise,possibly these folks are more valuable than any other folks in the company,they produce the live saving products that keep them solvent.

Kapok said:
Any improvement Tesoro makes to the design and marketing of their detectors, no matter how miniscule, will be a step in the right direction. I've never known such a high-quality product with such abysmal marketing.
I agree with that comment 100%.

Ivan said:
Allan Canon............John Earle..........these guys might be OK but even William Shatner.......(if they could lure him away from Priceline) wouldn't do very much for Tesoro!!!!!

That was a rather insulting post.............. why would you do that ???
It seems Tesoro is trying to move forward.. Allan may be a good start.

maybe Tesoro need to do some silicon valley drive byes , find some new blood :biggrin: all reports are young Aussies are taking over the place so maybe they need to learn Australian at Tesoro , Rusty come out here pooching some of our gold back in the 90's .

so they have an interpreter there :biggrin:

while a lot of my posts are a poke at the establishment or just plan fun in my mind.

I am serious if there are no new kids being recruited and trained or even the opposite the kids showing the oldies how its done.

then detecting's design future is dying and that would be sad.

so yeah hire the old fellas but if you don't have some fresh blood thrown in there your just going to get more of the same , no offence to the old codgers we do know a lot but we only know what we know and tear away kids with bold ideas are the injection any company needs to re boost, tempered by the old fellas that might just work.

but I will say again how many ways can you arrange knobs and switches ??

Tesoro's work they sure don't work for everyone my mate thinks I am total nuts for even having one let alone using it , but I know what they can do, but we are in 2016 and well knobs and switches are for the dino's cant even buy a washing machine with knobs and switches any more.

for me Tesoro doesn't needs to redesign the wheel , they need a balls out kid or 3 to fire them up on the inside 1st if its dead in there people sense it and see it I don't use social media but 95% of people do and if you are not on there well your not on.

sorry to say this but don't think the old fellas can pull that off hey hope I am wrong :thumbdown:

but nothing has changed in regards to getting a few spare parts here in Australia still waiting months latter :sleepy: and I give up fighting Tesoro and their attitude, comes a time when as a consumer I have to accept facts and the facts are owning a Tesoro is not a viable option going forward so I will use what I have till they die, and will start with another company with a can do attitude !!

Tesoro wore me out with their apathy and apathy kills more relationships than anything else as people just lose heart and wonder off bewildered as I have done and I am sure I am not the only one.

AJ

Hombre said:
Vito

Are you well versed in Compass history? It certainly was not his fault that Compass folded.......

Hello Hombre.
No, I'm not versed in Compass history. And no, I'm not saying it was the fault of Mr. Cannon...
...but I like the phrase: " If one dropped out of a plane you can throw parachutes at him, they won't reach."
If this will do it for Tesoro, fine. But I do not think this way.
To much happened in the last few yrs.
Yes, there are a few old fashioned fans, but this will not hold up a company. They need to make money.
Many other companies came close to the Tesoro-Design, thinking about the Racer & MX Sport.
Light weight, well balanced (as White's ever was!).
Fisher also came up with new designs and features in their last days before they were absorbed by First Texas.
When I was starting into this hobby I was really interested in buying a Compass. But they didn't fit my budget.
This was my way to White's.
Some years ago, after using a lot of differend brands and models I bit the bullet and bought a DeLeon.
All I can say about tesoro customer service dependiing to foreigner is not speakable.
The DeLeon is a good machine, but there is nothing one of my other detectors can not do.
At all the communication to tesoro wasn't very well.
If Tesoro will work on this kind of: " be friendly to the customer, as they pay you." it can be a first great step into the right direction.
May be they think it's a step back, but some times you need some inrun to do the jump.
This is not to bash a company or a person, just my private experience and opinion.

Best Greetings
Vito