Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's refreshing to see more well rounded reviews.

Agree. I detect with serious enthusiasm but I treat my equipment very delicately as opposed to digging tools I don’t Ming being hard on. Also absolutely cannot go home with filthy detector- I brush or cloth it clean before backpacking it and wash off when I get home. And, the Deus II will be my only detector so it’s getting extra care.
I do the same Mr. Meister. You take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

Hopefully I will have mine by the end of February. I want to test it against my Nautilus 2b, and 2ba for depth.

If I were to go looking for deep silver in a trashy modern park and had to choose between the Deus or an Etrac. I would choose the Etrac every time. I have not used the Deus II but would imagine it operates similar to the Deus. If I was going somewhere with a lot of iron and masked targets I would probably choose the Deus. Sure you can use either detector in those situations but one will excel above the other. I think its really just matters what type of detecting you do as to which is the best machine for the job. I have also seen people who didn't have a clue using brand xyz and they think it stinks while others think they are the best thing ever made. Get the right tool for the job.....;o)

If I were to go looking for deep silver in a trashy modern park and had to choose between the Deus or an Etrac. I would choose the Etrac every time. I have not used the Deus II but would imagine it operates similar to the Deus. If I was going somewhere with a lot of iron and masked targets I would probably choose the Deus. Sure you can use either detector in those situations but one will excel above the other. I think its really just matters what type of detecting you do as to which is the best machine for the job. I have also seen people who didn't have a clue using brand xyz and they think it stinks while others think they are the best thing ever made. Get the right tool for the job.....;o)

Anyone who claims one machine excels in all situations and sites is little more than a biased fan boy based on my 40 plus years of serious detecting.
There is good reason many of us own and use multiple machines . It is because we detect many different sites with different requirements. My motto is "buy and try" to see if a machine will work for me. Be glad when my Deus 2 arrives so I can start trying it lol.

I’m waiting for Joe Namath or JJ to endorse this revolutionary detector.In all seriousness for my type of hunting if I was going to spend that much money I would spring for a GPX..But then again,this is a hobby and you can invest what makes you happy.I still remember when a lot of newbies thought White’s detectors actually showed what was under the coil..

My Deus 2 ain’t going anywhere. I sleep with it under my pillow. Love it that much.
Xp named Deus 2 wrong.
They should have named it Deus 2 plus 1.
Trashy park.
Personally I think Deus 2 with 11” coil will hang well with Etrac. Actually Deus 2 will do more things for a user in trashy park.

My Deus 2 ain’t going anywhere. I sleep with it under my pillow. Love it that much.
Xp named Deus 2 wrong.
Trashy park.
Personally I think Deus 2 with 11” coil will hang well with Etrac. Actually Deus 2 will do more things for a user in trashy park.
And your arm will not be sore at the end of the day! Never used an etrac ( just it’s little cousin a Safari) but it is not by any means obsolete. Just use a harness.

Xp named Deus 2 wrong.
Trashy park.
You will be digging rusty bottlecaps and deep foil that it calls a coin all day long while I'm digging out deep silver.....;o) But you may also get some coins that are masked that the Etrac don't see. Both have some advantages and disadvantages. That's why I have both.

I’m waiting for Joe Namath or JJ to endorse this revolutionary detector.In all seriousness for my type of hunting if I was going to spend that much money I would spring for a GPX..But then again,this is a hobby and you can invest what makes you happy.I still remember when a lot of newbies thought White’s detectors actually showed what was under the coil..
That's right........and get everything You Deservel lol

Anyone who claims one machine excels in all situations and sites is little more than a biased fan boy based on my 40 plus years of serious detecting.
There is good reason many of us own and use multiple machines . It is because we detect many different sites with different requirements. My motto is "buy and try" to see if a machine will work for me. Be glad when my Deus 2 arrives so I can start trying it lol.
A lot has to do with the way you setup your detector and your swing if your swing is fast and erratic you will not find those masked faint deep iffy signals period. I go slow found 9 silvers this week that were in a very trashy park most would have never dug them as two SLQ;'s were a foot apart with iron in the holes I was using my Nox.
I only own a nox but will be ordering a Deus 2 as I would like to have two detectors..
Mark

You will be digging rusty bottlecaps and deep foil that it calls a coin all day long while I'm digging out deep silver.....;o) But you may also get some coins that are masked that the Etrac don't see. Both have some advantages and disadvantages. That's why I have both.
Evidently you haven’t run Deus 2. How many bottlecaps have I dug hunting in the wild? Zero.

Evidently you haven’t run Deus 2. How many bottlecaps have I dug hunting in the wild? Zero.
If you can, visit a well established city park and with unedited footage, show us everything you dig.

Here’s the strange part. Even running bottle cap reject setting st highest setting of 5, I see no or extremely small negatives as far as detector separating in iron or negative affects for depth. Not what I was expecting at all.

Last edited:
I have owned more detectors of different brands than I can remember, somewhere around 40 or more. At the time they all worked well for what I was hunting. Now I have Whites, Garretts, Notka, Minelab, bounty Hunter, Deus I, Nautius 2b, and 2ba. All do well for certain hunting. I don't need a powerful machine like the Deus II for hunting around playground equipment. Sometimes I use the Nokta Midi, it goes deep enough for the coins, and I can reject most trash. So, Time, place, weather, soil all has an effect on which detector I use. I don't brag on which is better. You also have to remember that at a depth of 8 to 10 inches, the cone of detection is only about 1 to two inches in diameter so if you don't go slow and swing multiple times in the same spot or you will miss targets, and the next time you go to the same spot, you might swing over the target that was missed. That is why bounded sites still have good targets to find.

Last edited:
I went to a park with deus 2 about a week ago. Heavily pounded park too.
Here’s some footage.
Thanks for the video. Unfortunately I can’t get past the squeaking chicken 🐓 audio 😂. mid-tones sound like a constipated chicken 🐔 and higher tones sounds like a chicken who just laid an overly large egg 😂😂