Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Its said there is no gold in Texas, but this seems to show different-not sure where the areas are

vlad

Do they mean there is not enough gold per ton for it to be profitable?
I've been all over Central Texas to the border-has anyone tried panning for gold?
http://www.roundrockgpaa.net/txgold.html

Some gold and silver has been found around Mason and Llano counties primarily associated with the Llano Uplift geological area. Mason county is also known for Texas blue topaz which can be found in the area if you have permission to access property or at a "pay to dig" site. I have been to that area in the past on arrowhead hunts but would like to go back someday with a gold pan and also to "eyeball" for some blue topaz:)

From some of the pics I've seen I would think so if you are lucky enough to get a coil close to one. I remember seeing a pic a few years ago where someone found a native silver nugget about the size of a quarter using a metal detector. The pic that really intrigues me is the handful of nuggets found while dredging in the Guadalupe River around Kerrville.? That stretch of the Guadalupe runs a little NW to SE in that area of Texas with many creeks and natural drainages feeding down from the mineralized area (Llano Uplift) just north of there? The history of that area claims that the Spanish did some mining in the 1700's and later in the 1800's claims of silver deposits were talked about? Here I am trying to recover from "gold fever" and you have to bring up this subject:throw: Ha!