Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

It's Spring!

Its Spring! Thank Goodness! I've been itching to get digging into my yard and neighbor's yard since February. I've been out on really nice days in March where the ground isn't frozen. I live in the upper Midwest, Northwest Iowa to be exact. I think I have found a ton of nails and iron bars. However, since the beginning of April, I have found in my yard a 1937-S penny, a 1944 penny and a few other wheat pennies. My yard is on an old gas station, repair shop land. The basement was dug when it was turned into a house. The dirt was spread over the front and back yards. This leads to the next part of the story.

Everything registers at 8+ inches on my Garret 350 which I bought this past fall. When a new waterline was put in though the front yard, a tie rod arm from a Ford Model A was dug up. I have dug up a ice cream bucket of mostly nails as well. I have found this past Fall, a spot where there was a burn barrel. I have not dug it all up yet. Should I? There is also a spot in the back yard where there is old car parts old coke bottles and a ton of old bottle tops. I have found a few near the surface so far. Should I excavate more? I found these when I dug a grave for my beloved dog that died of pancreatic cancer. The dump site extends into my neighbor's yard.

In the front yard most of the signals on my Garret 350 show 8+. But also the front yard use to be gravelled with old coal clunkers which makes the detector and the user go crazy. This hides the treasure above the junk. What should I do! Forget it or dig? My old neighbor is in the nursing home - assisted living. I was given permission to hunt treasure in his yard. Under the clothes lines I found a couple inched a part 2 pennies. One was a wheaty and one was the Lincoln Memorial. He has 2.5 acres of land that has been cut regularly. The neighbor next to him said when she was a little girl her parents farmed the land. Is it worth going on detecting the whole 2.5 acres?

I am disabled and I can only spend the maximum of 4 hours every other day. I have a lot of anticipation of founding Lost Treasure in neighbors yard. I would love to find something of value other than old nails and iron. I know I have dug up at least 20 lbs of "junk"!

Thank you in advance for leaving comments and suggestions.

Awesome! That sounds like an interesting place where a fellow can really learn a rig...I hear you about those burn barrel areas and coal clinkers...I like the sounds of that clothes line area...or anywhere along the sides of the house maybe..good Luck! Let us know how you progress!
Mud

The old bottles can be very valuable..........

I broke of them when digging the dog grave! I will then dig that area. I can always get extra dirt from the neighbors. He has a whole hill were he has allowed us to get dirt in the past!

Thanks mud! About 20 + years ago he had his entire front yard and side yard scooped out with a front loader, not very deep because he had grub worms so bad and he didn't like using chemicals to kill them especially with all the dogs that run the neighbor at that time. So whatever anything that was old and buried is now gone! To bad!

Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions and reading my post! Would love to hear from more of you! THANKS!

Happy Easter everyone! For those of the Christian faith - HE IS RISEN! RISEN INDEED!!

old coke, old medicine,..Blue cobalt ...................... go to google and type in old bottles .......