Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've been expanding my.....

Spider-F5

Horizons over the winter months and have been teaching myself to study old maps and how to use them to find old towns, houses and the like. one particular spot is positioned in a 400 plus acre field and has revealed at least 7 house sites as well as a school house, none of which exist any longer. It has taken me several weeks to narrow down each site one by one. With the help of my brother and his jacked up 4x4, I've concurred it and have them all "pinned". it's been quite exhausting but exhilarating. Here are a few things that I've managed to find while pinning each site location down. My brother and I will be going back later on to really grid the sites off. Hope you enjoy!!!

GB, HH

Spider F5

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 143
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 131
Now, finding a good place to hunt is more important than the type of machine you use. I used to have some good farms to hunt, but those old people have died, the farms sold, and new owners stop folks from digging and everything else. I haven't knocked on any new doors in years, but when I'm able to hunt again, I will.

Horizons over the winter months and have been teaching myself to study old maps and how to use them to find old towns, houses and the like. one particular spot is positioned in a 400 plus acre field and has revealed at least 7 house sites as well as a school house, none of which exist any longer. It has taken me several weeks to narrow down each site one by one. With the help of my brother and his jacked up 4x4, I've concurred it and have them all "pinned". it's been quite exhausting but exhilarating. Here are a few things that I've managed to find while pinning each site location down. My brother and I will be going back later on to really grid the sites off. Hope you enjoy!!!

GB, HH

Spider F5
Great Work.
Very cool finds.
Can't wait to see the great stuff you guys find.

Research is key most of the time. Nice finds you have.
How I find places to hunt is I drive around old areas of town when I see old house torn down or vacant I use my ONX APP to find out who owns it and ask permission to hunt it or if it an old house or building torn down and new construction going up I ask the supervisor on the job if I can hunt it 90% of the time it's a go.

How I find places to hunt is I drive around old areas of town when I see old house torn down or vacant I use my ONX APP to find out who owns it and ask permission to hunt it or if it an old house or building torn down and new construction going up I ask the supervisor on the job if I can hunt it 90% of the time it's a go.
Yeah I have that app also. I also use a website called melissa.com. It will tell you when the house was built and a lot of other info about it. You just need the address for this website.

Just curious.

I've been researching different Apps such as the one you mention but can't decide on which to use. there are soooooo many out there. :rolleyes: Ideally, I'd like to find an App that allows you to use historic maps with active GPS capabilities. Any one have tips on a reliable one?

F5

Just curious.

I've been researching different Apps such as the one you mention but can't decide on which to use. there are soooooo many out there. :rolleyes: Ideally, I'd like to find an App that allows you to use historic maps with active GPS capabilities. Any one have tips on a reliable one?

F5
I like historicaerials.com you can overlay 1950 aerial views with new aerial view. I use a app called Mapquest also. I mark where I find things and it will give you coordinates of that spot. I also save my marked spots on there for my civil war research. I can see all my spots I have found relics in a certain area.