Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've been reading all the posts here daily, trying to learn about the T2 MY QUESTION IS: Simply put- what are it's strongest points and weakest points

Chuck, you sound like your in the same position I am. Thinking about purchasing one but want to make sure you can't get better for the money..lol

...was the only place I used my T2. The one issue I had with it was having to ground balance often when moving toward or away from the water, so I sold it. I like to zig zag up and down the beach to locate coin lines/pockets and didn't want to worry about ground balancing. I could have altered my style to parallel hunting, but the Sovereign has spoiled me. The T2 works great at the (my) beach otherwise - responds the way I like and has very good depth. At my beach on the days I used it I had about a 12' wide width to work without having to reset the balance (about 6' up or down from balance site). Even so, I may get another one in the future - I liked it that much. You know Chuck, it doesn't really matter what anyone says,<b> You will own a T2 in the future.</b>

Oh if I had a dollar for every T2 post I have read from you Scott I would have my T2 by now..Hah. Depth is my only concern for coins. Eventhough based on what I'm reading it does pretty darn good at depth.

I posted all of my likes dislikes and everything else I found during my field tests with the T2 on my website. Would be too lenghty for me to post here. You can easily view them by going to the site at the link below, once there click on the My favorite Links and Detector Reviews Page then just scroll down to the T2 review.

http://koloheboy.freehosting.net

Hope y'all enjoy the read.

Scott, well said and wholeheartly agree with you. While working the T2 I did find a coins a depths deeper than 10 though as you noted it didn't ID accurately as the specific coin it siad it was. The problem was it's quick responsiveness as you swept across the target and the bounce I was getting made it hard to make a good informed decision. I knew by the numerics though that whatever it was it bounced across my VDI enough times for me to dig. The audio was faint so you really had to listen for it. It all comes back to the user as you noted.

You all must be in nasty ground. I get real good depth here in MA. 12" on a coin not a problem. Fe on ground =.01 sometimes .03.

Quite shocking.

Mr. Bill

That would be considered a strong point. Since I have found most targets in a line down the beach. Sorry to hear you sold your's. Best of luck with your favorite.

n/t

Well I'll continue to use my Sovereign at the beach because I am very comfortable with that. The T2 will be my main coin shooter and relic machine. I may end up selling the explorer but haven't decided to do that yet. I am new to the T2 but very pleased with its operation. It more than just fits my personality, it is a very good machine.

Just my thoughts but after testing many gold and platinum targets, the T2 was much better. Also on the dry sand depth was off the chart. Best of luck with your favorite.:wiggle:

<b>"That would be considered a strong point. Since I have found most targets in a line down the beach."</b><br>I agree, but many times finding that line when the goodies are few and/or deep requires up and down beach zig zag searching. At least that's the way I do it.

n/t

I agree. And the T2 is a machine worthy of learning. After all I have read I feel it is my type of machine and I will be able to go deeper than I did with my DFX and the target ID being as quick as it is I feel it will give me an advantage over my Explorer.