Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've got a REALLY UNIQUE idea!!

D&P-OR

Let's forget about the Impact (for just a wee bit) and talk a little about the great FORS CoRe.-----Can we do that--PLEASE???-----That oughta get something going---how about like poking a hornets nest with a stick!!:lmfao:------Really---Nokta does make other detectors besides just the Impact!;)

LOL hey Del how ya been doin ?? you enjoying the triple digit temps over there in Baker ?? But ya it seems the Nokta forum has kinda become like a Brady Bunch episode.... Marsha, Marsha, Marsha.....but instead it's Impact, Impact, Impact. :)

I've been invited to hunt an old ghost town over in Idaho that is on private property.
It will give me a chance to give the ol' Fors CoRe with the small coil and the R2 a workout. I still do things the old-fashioned way, 1 freq at a time. ( although I guess the Impact is 1 freq at a time.....ya just have to decide which one) Anyhow the ol' Fors Core is a workhorse and its staying put. Also, I keep seeing posts pop up once in awhile that sometime ( hopefully soon) either Nokta or Makro will be putting out a waterproof machine. I'll have my eye on that one.

Ok. Tick, Tick, Tick....TIMES UP! Back to the Impact! :rofl: Just kidding !

Del, I just happen to talk about the Nokta FORS CoRe a LOT!! I also incorporate ample discussion about the also excellent FORS Relic. And now we have the astounding Nokta Impact. The Impact is a grand unit with exciting adjustment features and in-the-field performance, complemented by excellent balance and feel. It got that way from some dedicated design efforts from the good folks on 'Team Nokta' and for very good reason. That 'Team' of physical and electronic design engineers already performed some magic in bringing about the Relic to start 2016, and that model was a continued effort to enhance what they gave us initially with their top-end CoRe.

I was asked a lot last year if I felt someone ought to part with their CoRe and snag a Relic. I told them they could, if they wanted the few extra adjustment features [size=small](mainly Tone Break and Iron Audio Volume)[/size], but in my opinion the 19 kHz Relic has it's strong points, but the 15 kHz CoRe was not completely 'outclassed' with the introduction of the Relic. The Relic was simply an additional model in a similar package that brought us some benefits that also came with the higher 19 kHz design.

My encouragement for those interested was to ADD a Relic to their arsenal, but KEEP the CoRe because the two detectors complement each other very well.

In my case I went above-and-beyond, I guess you could say, because in 2015 I bought a 2nd CoRe from Steve H. to add versatility to my personal detector battery. Then I did the same with the Relic and by about mid-year in 2016 I bought an 'as-new' Relic from a fellow in Washington. Because I hunt densely brushed or highly littered sites most of the time, I spend the bulk of my hunting time looking down at smaller-size search coils. I use a 'standard' coil only when working larger, more open spaces with sparse targets.

My Impact set-up is also complemented with a production model now to complement my 'Test Sample' Impact. These six Nokta detectors make up my Regular-Use Detector Team of TID models. I keep each of them equipped with a different search coil as follows:

'Test' Impact ... round 5" DD
Production Impact ... new open-frame 5X9½ DD

1st FORS Relic ... round 5" DD
2nd FORS Relic ... 5½X10 Concentric

1st FORS CoRe ... 'OOR' [size=small](Out-Of-Round)[/size] 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD
2nd FORS CoRe ... standard 7X11 DD

At times all six of these travel with me, but for sure I always take at least three of them, one of each model. This provides me a three-unit set for each of my pick-ups, and when my 2013 GMC sells those units will be shifted to a camping trailer or a replacement vehicle.

Do I use them all? Most certainly I do.

Am I enjoying the new Impact? Without a doubt and I find myself grabbing one of them first when I arrive at many sites I want to hunt.

If I was asked to trim my personal detector battery to owning ONLY ONE metal detector, and was to have to choose from between these three excellent models, could I do that? Yes, I definitely could because ALL of them have, and continue, to provide me the type of results I want and need when I put them to work afield.

And will I tell you which model that would be? Nope. I don't want to because I don't have to. :)

I am allowed to own as many detectors as I want, and I only want detectors on-hand and at-hand that are well balanced, provide performance I need, and offer the coil choices I might want or need for different sites and applications. The CoRe, Relic and Impact all do just that .... but in their own slightly different ways.

I can tell anyone that there are times I arrive at a site and anticipate what a friend or other participant might anticipate me grabbing to use and knowing that, I often send a shockwave their direction ... I grab my very trusted and impressive performing FORS CoRe. :detecting:

I believe Nokta should change their banner for this Nokta Forum and include the CoRe along with the Relic and Impact they show at the top. It was the CoRe that alerted so many of us [size=small](and I include myself in this group)[/size] to the new kid-on-the-block, Nokta Detector Technologies, who just moved in with some excellent offerings, very reasonably priced, and so well engineered, that the other detector manufacturers on Detector Maker Avenue had better take a look at their yard [size=small](detector offerings)[/size] and realize they had tall, out-of-hand grass [size=small](aka high prices)[/size], a lot of clutter [size=small](better seen as useless models, poor performing offerings, old fashioned designs)[/size], and they better get busy trying to catch up with their new neighbors who were bound to be more aggressive and dedicated to working with and for the end consumers to provide them what they wanted, what they needed, in impressive-looking and excellent performing design ... and at very competitive and reasonable prices.

And while they had a few other 'specialty' type models before-hand, it what the Nokta FORS CoRe that brought about the reality that we had new engineers hard at work bringing us, the end consumers, a product that was more than capable of providing us versatile performance at a great price.

Yes, it was the CoRe that hooked me on the Nokta brand, and I was so impressed that with the CoRe I started thinning out several other brands and models of TID equipped detectors. Why? Because they fell short in the way of weight, balance and field performance. All I've done is add in more Nokta models that make my entire detector battery complement each other, all the while continuing to enjoy grabbing and hunting with my FORS CoRe. A tremendous detector offering at a very affordable price that still provides us all with commendable performance afield, for any type of detecting adventure.

Monte

Oh come on! Would you guys get off of the fence and buy an Impact already! You know you want one:). Nothing says you can't have both the CoRe AND the Impact:yo:!

Dean

Mah pocket buk duz!!:)
dbado1 said:
Oh come on! Would you guys get off of the fence and buy an Impact already! You know you want one:). Nothing says you can't have both the CoRe AND the Impact:yo:!

Dean

The impact is a unique machine has a little of everything from their line of detectors in it....so some of us have to move forward some of us have a machine that we won't part with but most of all we all hunt for relics of some sort. The Impact is the new flavor until some other machines emerges that we all have to try

I am the proud owner of an Impact. I love this machine, PERIOD! But the fores core has me intrigued. Is it better than the impact in trashy places?

I feel with a freq of 5 a lot of areas change with the freq of 20 iron takes on a new meaning.

The CoRe is a great machine for sure. Better than the Impact in iron? No. It's different than the Impact. Not better not worse...different. I love em both. Can't go wrong with either one.

Dean

Thanks Dean!

Yeah, I bought a Relic, after the impact came out, and I got.a Red Racer before the Racer 2 came out.... It's hard to find much about them anymore except for the few people in this post here. My Relic, is NEVER leaving unless it's an Emergency, and the RR is a Great machine too. Would love to hear and see more about Both of them.

I keep going to the nokta forum hoping to see something on the relic, but all impact lol.
Ahh well.
It's the newest thing.
I'm sure the same happened with the core when the relic was released.
I do miss hearing about detector(s) I own lol

It's been said before many times but here it is again. The Notka Fors Core and Relic are excellent detectors. There, now can we get back to talking about the Impact?:detecting:

I had my mind made up in buying a new X70(now705) until I started learning on this Impact. Please send help. I need an intervention!!!

Between the 705 and the Impact? No intervention necessary. :clapping: