Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've got those "Holy" goosebumps today!

I got up this morning and read the Bible Lesson that Senior Seeker posts on here. Today it was, in a nut shell, how we are to spread the Gospel to all.
Then, I went to church and the message was on Mark 3:13-19. The pastor broke down these verses and explained how people do have to choose to accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, but before one can get to that point of making that decision, God chose them first. Then he went on to say that before Jesus chose the 12 desciples, he prayed about it. And He chose those 12 according to God's Will, including the one who was to betray Him, Judas Iscariot. Now these 12 men were nothing special in the world. They were not scholarly, or hold any political power, or hugely successful. They were common, garden variety men. God does not choose the qualified, He qualifies the ones He chooses. So Jesus took these 12 and taught them. And He showed them how to carry out different types of ministry and continuous fellowship with Jesus. The Pastor didn't say this, but I was thinking : we do this by reading the Bible, getting out there and involving ourselves in various outreach ministries, and prayer. Actually, start with prayer.

Then Pastor went on to say how the 11 were told to go and make disciples of all the nations.

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Not only was this fulfilled, but it is still being fulfilled. There are Christian churches all over the world because the disciples through the ages have spread the Gospel. The disciples of today are still spreading the Gospel to all.

My Pastor had no idea that his message today was going to be reinforcing the Bible Study. Or maybe I should say I had no idea how the Bible Study was going to prepare me for the message. IDK all I know is, yep, I've got those "Holy" goosebumps today!

Have a very Blessed Day!

~Sis digger

Just God's mysterious ways, for He always confirms His Holy Word in more ways than one! Mostly He may confirm it three different ways, for He is three persons or does three jobs but He is only ONE GOD Jehovah Whose name is Jesus; the name above all other names in Heaven, on Earth & below the Earth! God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) & God the Holy Spirit WHO is ONLY ONE GOD, Whom was, IS & will always be! Prayers for bravery in speaking Jesus' name to go forth & teach His Gospel! Amen!

n/t