Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've read the AT Gold manual twice now and I'm left scratching my head?

BarnacleBill

The AT Gold looked like it might be an interesting detector for freshwater wading purposes supposedly being a bit hotter on Gold than the AT Pro. But I'm left feeling like Charlie Brown as Lucy once again whisk's the Football away just before the kick. If you're going to hunt Gold Jewelry, and this is supposed to be a Gold detector......and the detector has notching capability, then you should notch in a little light iron up to just below zinc pennies since 90% of Gold rings will fall in that area of discrimination. Yet this detector has two Disc patterns with fixed notches and I fail to see the rationale.

If Garrett had forgotten Disc 2, made a single Disc mode with adjustable notching, and yes the control panel would have probably needed to be changed a bit with multipurpose buttons, then I believe they would have opened up a greater market segment. What's most frustrating is that it's 90% there assuming there aren't any performance/release issues, but the last 10% just didn't make it. Now if they'd just asked me beforehand.........:)

Maybe on the AT Gold II?

HH
BarnacleBill

Hi. The AT Gold gives you 40 notches of iron in any mode.........You would not want to notch out up to just below zinc pennies when hunting for gold rings...The one unchangeable zero mode would be great for hunting rings and you still can notch out iron..........JJ

Bill
The at gold has great iron disc. Think I understand what you are saying that you would notch out every thing above zinc penny as not many gold rings fall there. The good news is in disc one that is kind of already done as any thing above zinc penny gives a higher tone. Not notched out but higher tone. So it os ready to go fresh water hunting for gold Video on that coming soon.

Jason

Timothy said:
Does AT Pro or AT Gold have a vibrate mode? if not, where can I get a vibrate/light flash adapter?

You can make a LED that will hook to headphones and light up when you hit a target. The vibrate thing I don't know never heard of a full size detector that vibrates.

An add on that would wrap around your wrist or fit in your shirt pocket would make much more sense. Probably a good option for someone who is hearing impaired.

i'm not sure how you go about doing this,, but,, it probably be good for me. after shooting 500,000 + rounds of rifle and pistol [ in practice and competition ] in the last 30 years, i have some hearing loss. especially the higher tones.

dufus said:
i'm not sure how you go about doing this,, but,, it probably be good for me. after shooting 500,000 + rounds of rifle and pistol [ in practice and competition ] in the last 30 years, i have some hearing loss. especially the higher tones.

I have the same problem from shooting and loud music as a teen. Got Black Widow head phones crank them all the way up and if you are not already deaf you will be. These things are loud.

Jason

well jason,, the good news is, we might not be able to hear well, but we can shoot a flea off a hound at 100 yards... not a total loss... shooting, playing pool, metal detecting,, you get good at what you practice and do, all the time. i'm setting aside the AR and .45, and getting back into this game. in a few years i will be a seasoned veteran,,, hopefully..... at least i have the desire to succeed at his game also......i seem to have never lost my fascination with MDing. i was eat up with it in the early 70's, and just could not keep out of vicksburg national park, spent many nights there from sundown to dawn. now,, you couldn't pay me to go in there. of course,, that was a different day and time, AND,, i knew all the folks that ran the place at that period . not many consequences in those days gone by.........

Bet you got some great goodies out of there. That was a different time for sure. Have heard stories of folks that would go and camp at the parks while they were hunting there.

Jason