Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've seen the light!

Pulltab Assasin

After 30+ years (on & off) of detecting I am now a Whites' fan. It's not that I didn't want one, it's just that I could get others for less. Always happy with my finds, but annoyed when my Whites swinging friends consistently did better then I. I live 35 miles from where Whites are made and after a trip to Sweet Home to take care of a small problem a friend was having with his DFX I was impressed. Not only did they fix the problem they replaced the coil at no charge. I had just had a bad experience with another brand's customer support that left a very bitter taste in my mouth whenever I see that brand. Good detector but sub par customer support. Anyway, back to my conversion. I checked everywhere for a good deal on a Whites. Finally, I was checking Craigslist at 4:30AM and there it was. M6, extra Eclipse Deep Scan Coil, Koss earphones, Bullseye II, padded case and manual with DVD. I won't say how much, but if I were Catholic I would have to go to confesson. Guy got back to me and obviously knew what it was worth, but wanted to reduce his possessions. We exchange detecting stories and I left thanking him to no end. Contacted my friend with the DFX and next day we hit it. Usual coin haul, but my big score was this silver ring.
Sterring_zps9dc0e1be.jpg

I realize it's not the Crown Jewels, but for my first day with my new M6 it might has well been. Wife and daughter confiscate any jewelry I bring home and the wife got this one. She's shined it up like new. So, just thought I'd introduce myself and thanks for all of the detecting tips. Both past and present.

Congrats on the ring there always exciting to find . I sold my M6 last fall and missed it so much I went out and bought another one. I won't let this one go so easy . My problem is I am handi-capped and walking and being on my legs for long periods is hard for me so mine doesn't get as much use as it deserves but I love it .
Tell your wife and daughter you could get twice as much Jewelry if they would detect with you , never know it might work ..
Anyway very nice hunt and great finds it will only get better as you get use to your new machine .

Happy Hunting ,
Harold

Agree 100%.....I been usin' Whites for 'bout 30 yrs now, for the same reasons you are.....and not usin' the other, for the same reasons you're not! gl and hh