Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I've tried it and I like it:thumbup:

biglry

What am I talking about?
It is that new :minelab: Excal chest mount that graytcote posted about http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1308213
I must say I was suspicious when I first read the specs on this chest mount as it says "The belt strap is 60" long and the shoulder straps are 44" long so there is plenty of adjustment for all size bodies"
WELL that might be true for 95% of the detectorist out there, but not this one.:spin: I'm 64" around the chest and stand 6'5" at 400lb:yikes: so I contacted Bill (aka Plugger) and he told me that he had thought about guys like me during the R/D and had made some in a big guys size....so I ordered one and after 6 hrs on the beach yesterday swinging.........:drool:
I had NO fatigue in the shoulder or elbow like I normally would have after a day at the beach with the 15" WOT and Excal hanging off the shoulder. There is plenty of belt so I was able to adjust it to fit me perfectly, I also like the way the shoulder straps cross at the back so there is no slipping of the strap off the shoulder when bent over digging for goodies.:clap:
If ya think you would like to chest mount your Excal I suggest you check this one out. I am now going to see if my Sov GT in its bag will clip on to the belt (I think it will) without to many issues and if so I'll have one chest mount for both of these machines.:super:

THANKS guys for a good, well made and in my case........... needed product.:detecting:
http://www.indiannationsdetectors.com/excalaccessories.html

Maybe I should look into one. I ain't to far behind you :yikes:
"I'm 64" around the chest and stand 6'5" at 400lb:yikes:"

Gerry,
:rofl:
If I went detecting with you you would probably have me rolling in the sand.
Best Regards,
Steve

Biglry, undo the butterflies on the tube and slot it through the belt mount on the sov bag/cover and redoo the butterflies, use the same cable ties as with the Excal for the coil wire, works fine, although someone may come up with something better, this method costs nothing as you have all thats needed. You can put an elastic band on the tube at one end, arround the bag at the front and then onto the tube at the other end to tighten things up if your bag flops forward when you bend.(you could also use the shoulder strap lugs on the bag and cable tie them onto the short rod to stop any forward tilt too.)

WOW !!!.....I think this is the ONLY time in my life when I've felt SMALL !!!.....at 250 lbs -5"10" ....... In my defense , it's all muscle ( i wish ) ... Jim

I really like this chest mount setup ....I couldn't believe how heavy the Excal is in person ...It looks like a nice little machine, TILL YOU PICK THAT SUCKER UP !!>......It's SOLID !!.....Jim

kered said:
Biglry, undo the butterflies on the tube and slot it through the belt mount on the sov bag/cover and redoo the butterflies, use the same cable ties as with the Excal for the coil wire, works fine, although someone may come up with something better, this method costs nothing as you have all thats needed. You can put an elastic band on the tube at one end, arround the bag at the front and then onto the tube at the other end to tighten things up if your bag flops forward when you bend.(you could also use the shoulder strap lugs on the bag and cable tie them onto the short rod to stop any forward tilt too.)
Yep, that is just what I did and it works fine......so now I have one chest mount for two different machines with out having to do anything major to swap between them.:thumbup:

i have one for my excalibur 2 1000, and yes it works great for me,now im not as big as you all are,5-9 220lbs but yes i was most comfortable with mine..id recommend this to all....
have fun
john:clapping::detecting::minelab:

synthnut said:
WOW !!!.....I think this is the ONLY time in my life when I've felt SMALL !!!.....at 250 lbs -5"10" ....... In my defense , it's all muscle ( i wish ) ... Jim

I really like this chest mount setup ....I couldn't believe how heavy the Excal is in person ...It looks like a nice little machine, TILL YOU PICK THAT SUCKER UP !!>......It's SOLID !!.....Jim

Not really heavy just real heavily unbalanced:biggrin: just wait till you get it setup on the new shaft your making, you wouldn't belive it was the same machine, all down to balance

Just got the chest mount, and I think it should work out good. Question, How do you put it on? It seems that the easiest way may be to keep it clipped together, then slip it over your head , like a t-shirt. Also, how do you carry everything? The original way is to pick up the MD and go. Now it's 3 seperate items hooked together. How does everyone manage this easily?
Marc