Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jacked by Magellan

steve in so la

I bought a Magellan 315 one year ago. It has worked well till this week. We went out in the desert along an old railroad line with about 24 waypoints. It worked perfectly until the very last one ,fortunately, while about 4.15 miles away it started jumping up in mileage and then back. Went 4.15,4.14,5.10,4.14 etc. I tried everything - put in new batteries on the spot and even went to a previously visited waypoint and it still kept jumping.

Called the Magellan tech support and he said basically, tough luck. He had no idea what was causing it and I cannot send it back for repairs as it's too old.
One main reason why I bought it was the screen is nice and large and simple to use. I dont use all the advanced things. I looked at many others and the screen is usually real small.

Any ideas before I toss it ? Thanks, steve in so az