Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

jackhammers Army...how do the go???

Hi Fred
Im new to this forum and this is my first post,I joined up with Jackhammers army this year and met them at Kalgoorlie,had a great time and met some great mates,carnt wait till next year.
Everybody found gold,I think Scott and Bro ended up with 2oz,I can normaly go swinging for about 4 hours at a time but I was buckling at the knees after 2,till I found out Jackhammer filled my coat pockets full of rocks,I will have to get even next year,I live in WA so I dont have to travel as far as they do to the gold fields.

Cheers Jon.

Thanks, Jon;
how many of you troopers were there? i would be interested in any all details you care to share...others may be curious also.

I love Oz it is a fantastic place!

Fred

Hi Fred
Thankyou for the interest,there was about 9 all told all with different types of accomodation from caravans to camp trailers and utes,3 of us had quad bikes which came in very handy for getting around to find patches.
We were camped about 250ks north east of Kalgoolie,right out in the scrub,the closest water was 10ks away,a couple of us would go and fill up containers at the bore once a week,beautiful country out there Fred with wild goats,roos,and the sunsets were out of this world,lots of old deserted mining camps where the old timers were,we were on fairly flat ground very black ironstone and fairly noisy,the boys with 4000 could use monos but having a 3500 was useing a DD coil.
A lot uf us had only met for the first time but we all seemed to get on really good,there are only a couple of rules stipulated by Jackhammer,take your 2way with you at all times ,use your GPS,very easy to get lost out there,and dont get pissed and fall in the fire,last but not least dont drink his bundy.
Every body went home with gold some with more than others ,depends on how hard you work,did meet a couple on our way back to camp who had bee out there for 3 weeks and had 20ozs,not bad for a little holiday windfall,anyway got to go I will see if
i can get the wife to put some pics up next time.
Cheers Jon.

thanks Jon...it is wild, lonely and beautiful there...of the places I went the Pilbra was my favorite place...hard work will help the luck, of that there is no doubt. Although some of the best pieces are found by newbies...can't compete with Beginers-Luck....

I would love to see some pic's

fred

I don't know why more of you Americans don't join up with the 'Army'.
It's got to be cheapest and best way to have a beeping trip down here.

Alan

I know an Arizona gentleman that started out on the then called"coiltek gold tours" and hooked up with the Army, he seemed pretty happy with the results. my main concern is transport...if I make it back to Oz I want to spend at least 6 weeks and hopefully 2 months chasing the gold...but I don't want to buy or rent a truck to do it...so, the price is right and I have heard some good things about the Army and even talked to Jackhammer...if he would march his troop to the Kimberlys I would certainly be there...maybe I could travel Oz with a wheel-barrow like the Mormans did coming to the Great Salt Lake in Utah.

fred

Wheel barrows were common in the old days here. In fact there is a guy pushing a wheely bin across the Nullabor at the moment.

The Army would be a good way to start a trip down here.Sharing costs with a local and if all goes well carry on detecting after the Army breaks up.
I have met some of the Army. Doesn't really appeal to me but would to some.

Alan

Hi Fred Alan
Sorry I have taken so long to get back to you, but I have been busy organizing my next trip.
Got to go soon otherwise it gets way to hot out there,had some rain in the goldfields so the wild flowers should be starting to spring up.
Fred keep a look out on finders forum next year round April thats when the Army starts to orginise there trip,Im sure something can be orginsed if you want to come over,perhaps share costs with one of the boys.
Still havent put any pics up, have to get the misus to do that, Im to dumb.

Cheers Jon.