Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jail Time And Loss Of Detectors.

In Louisiana your not allowed to metal detect in any state park which is where almost all the CCC camps were located, go figure.

chuck said:
rule 6 means that you can coin hunt with a screwdriver or other type probe.

Really ? How do you know ? Your definition of "dig" versus probe/pop, has been floated before as an alternative explanation. Ie.: a "way around" But what do you do if someone in-the-field (someone who accosts you) takes exception with those semantics/definitions?

I suppose you could head such a confrontatin off-at-the-pass, eh? By going into various pencil pusher's offices ahead of time and asking if this defintion/interpretation suffices? :rofl:

Those San Antonio park rules posted above are a joke. The SA bureaucrats must of had a field day conjuring up those rules!
If i'm not mistaken, SA is one of the most liberal cities in Texas...do the math!
Are soft drink sizes also regulated in SA? :heh:
Thats too bad as SA has had a rich history.

Is screw driver probing considered digging by the dictatorial SA social engineers?
I agree with Tom, IMO the way to find out is NOT by asking.

99% of all parks in the UK 'Do not allow' detecting,some have stupid rules about no digging etc,but the No1 reason given is they play the old 'Health and Safety' trump card,its much easier to use this and as a result folks just dont detect in parks,its nothing new for us,so we just get out and get other permissions usually of course on farm land.But my way of thinking is that all though we are not allowed to detect in parks the finds would not be all that old anyway and probably just be loose change that has been dropped.

I can understand why folks get frustrated by new laws coming into play across the pond,mainly because of the rise in the new shows shown on the television and in the new media,it certainly is not going to get any better,infact i can see the US park departments or what ever they are called using the 'Health and Safety' trump card as well,it will get harder to detect on your parks and schools that i am certain,its just alot easier to put up a notice saying 'No detecting allowed' and i would also think they then dont have to give any further reason.

The hay days of park and school detecting are over.

http://www.picgifs.com/smileys/smileys-and-emoticons/devil/smileys-devil-493141.gif
about security--lots of computers, electronics, and other things that can be taken. So they just fence the whole place off
and nobody gets in. But if the grounds are open-we can detect. Only had a situation at one school--when the grounds keeper saw it was
my friend & I, it was ok, just not "that other guy" who 'dug up' the place [you could not even tell that we had ever dug anything.]

Mega said:
.... 99% of all parks in the UK 'Do not allow' detecting,some have stupid rules about no digging etc,but the No1 reason given is they play the old 'Health and Safety' trump card........

Yes. And for some strange reason, American md'rs continue to think that the UK has some "great system" in place where there's a love affair with archies & md'rs. And that UK md'rs can detect "nilly willy anywhere". But as your post shows, this is not the case at all. This is why 99% of all hunting done in england is done on private farmer's fields with permission.