Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jan 2nd - Denny strikes 14k ring - a marble and nice old bottle for me - the bay

it was a nice bay day .
Denny swings over his first gold ring of the 2015 season.
vid is out there: gravediggermax - youtube

What a nice ring!

When a guy "Sees the Elephant" you are supposed to drop what you are doing and immediately turn around and go home! At least thats what I understand it to mean...I think its an old timey saying from the frontier days?..not sure though, been saying it all my life, cant remember where I heard it, probably from my Grandpa...but when something strange, dangerous or surreal happens out in the Wilderness, or things just dont feel right, when the hair on the back of your neck stands up, etc...especially when I was out on the ice trapping...Wife will say, "what are you doing back here so soon? "I seen the Elephant" is all I say...:shrug: Only happens a few times per year, and for me it generally involves a near death experience, like driving on ice, or going out in a boat in bad weather...but when a guys "Sees the Elephant" is best to just call it a day!

Maybe its from the old Barnum and Bailey Circus days? I really dont know....Maybe after you 'seen the elephant' theres nothing else to see that can compare?:shrug:
Mud

addendum: Wow! I just went and googled "Ive seen the Elephant"! thanks Wikipedia, very old timey saying indeed!