Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jan 3 to March 3 - MX Sport - has anyone used it yet? n/t

So other than the testing and field trials, not many units have been used even by the dealers. They are shipping now so feedback should be forthcoming.

ANdy

"Thanks Andy.

I didn't read your FTR.

Am eagerly awaiting impressions BUT, it's the wrong time of year (in most places) for water hunting but ON the beaches should be fairly accessible to many MX Sport owner's,,,[ when they get one! ]"

Received and fired it up. Seems very stable more like the MXT than the sputter of the MX5. Going for it's maiden hunt tomorrow. Head phones that come with it are light and on the ear with a single volume control on the cord. White's Pro Stars will be with us first time out. I am liking what I am seeing so far. Seems very sturdy.

I will be back with what comes out of the ground.

Tide charts are not that hot here in Charleston SC so not sure I will try the beaches. Temperature is supposed to be in the low 60s though. May hit an old park or two just to try out the all metal and coin jewelry modes. Stay tuned.

Visited an old school area that is now a park in a town about 15 minutes from Summerville SC today for the MX Sports first hunt. School was torn down, only the front facade now stands. In the past when myself and GeorgeSC have searched it there was plenty of trash. What is pictured was found in one hour. Setting on the coin jewelry program was 4 tones, 7-8 on the sensitivity, zero and negative numbers notched out, volume about 26, threshold 3, and rejected volume at 30%.

Coins were mostly shallow, 3 to 4 inches and the number id as well word, dime, quarter, and such was right on. The broker pull tab and the jewelry, or button came in as a nickel. What I found very interesting was the amount of iron readings that I have not seen on this site. Many of these coins were within 6 to 10 inches of multiple trash targets, identified by the rejected target volume.

In my opinion a small coil such as the 5.3 or the 4x6 Shooter coil will be outstanding on this the detector. I was hitting multiple targets within one square foot at times where there was lots of trash and able to see and hear them all.

Next up this weekend will be trying out relic and beach programs.

Just let me know, I will be happy to meet up and let you take it for a test drive. Come to the Lowcountry Metal Detecting Club meet tomorrow night, Saturday night at the Perkins on Old Trolley Road. If I know you are coming I will bring it with me.

Got some prior arrangements tomorrow but would like to see it in action. I'll get back to you this weekend.

Chris