Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jehovah Witnesses the only true Bible followers?

I spoke to several Jehovah Witnesses at the park recently and they said they are the only ones that follow the Bible to its original meaning. Does that mean all the other sects of Christian churches wont be joining them in heaven? Which churches are on the true side of Jesus?

Their bible was translated from the earliest Hebrew and Greek writings known to exist, so they proclaim.
They don't believe everyone goes to Heaven, only the 144,000 called the little flock, memory serves me. The big flock gets resurrected to live on earth again.

Steve, I asked them about the 144,000 and that sounds about right. I was under the impression they all had to compete against one another to captures one of the 144,000 limited chairs in heaven. Who can be the most goodie two shoes so to speak? I asked them how the leaders live their lives as I'm always skeptical about any church as the head people often live like kings lavishly. The two young guys said they take a vow of poverty. I still suspect there are a few living high on the hog like most all churches though. To their credit though they do not have fancy churches like say the Catholics or Mormons. They said they started as a bible study, sort of grass roots. Not sure if they use that line to identify with the common down trodden today or what.
Its funny how all churches modify or adjust to the times. Especially these days of excessive tolerance. I think the Lutheran church I had babtism may be marrying homosexuals these days. I suppose with the emptying of the churches they have no choice other to mollify the masses that are more manipulated than ever by secular government and their arm of the media .

HMB, If you follow their money, there are not big wealthy mufasis at the top. Now don't get me wrong, there are JW's that make a really good living and are well off, but not from monies in the organization.
The only way they adjust for the times is if there is a new understanding of something in the Bible. As far as gays, abortion etc, they won't budge.
The dedicated JW's take the Bible very seriously. There are many though that play the two personality role, especially the younger ones...not all mind you. Quite a few will leave the religion, only to return at a later time in life.

I asked them if they believed that Christ was just another guy off the street & they said that Christ was a prophet, not the son of God. Steve in so la

Steve Az, you must have misunderstood them. They absolutely believe Jesus is the son of God. If they said that, they are not JW's.

The JWs also told me that the bible says technology is good as they are big into spreading the word by the internet as they all carried smartphones. I was like...really? wouldn't smartphones be a perfect example of the mark of the beast? How can anyone not think the government and corporations aren't using this technology to control the masses? We are systematically loosing our identity as free thinking humans and being controlled by a few with electronics surveillance passively.
I've always been of the thought its all or nothing. How can any church water down the Bible if the Bible is the actual words and works of God and say they are Christian? For instance many places I have lived in blue states there are Unitarian Churches that seem very watered down in regards to following the Bible. Whats the point of calling yourself Christian if you don't follow God's word? Also I have concluded the reason why there are so many sects of Christianity in the US is because of capitalism. Starting up a new church based off of something vaguely understood(see snake handling churches) part in the Bible gives new appeal to the religion and brings in more money. Mormons are a great example. How can anyone follow a new church that sprouted up in the last 100 or so years and not be suspicious of its intentions?The latest huckster that writes all the books and has huge followings in sports arena is that Joe Olstein(sp?) Its amazing how many Americans fall for the business-church gospel hybridized crap. Jesus couldn't have been further from capitalism:wacko:

I don't agree with the JW, and I believe their interpretation of the 144,000 is incorrect. This group is a symbolic figure of those who believe in Christ, that will be alive when Christ returns. You will notice that they will go through the final tribulation.

These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb[/b]."]

We need to remember, that the book of Revelation is symbolic in nature, not literal. It even mentions that in the very first verse of Revelation...

(Revelation 1:1) The Revelation of Jesus Christ said:
signified[/b] it by his angel unto his servant John:"]

Please let me preface my response to say, I am not bashing the JW...

The JW do not follow the Bible, in fact they have rewritten the Bible to match their beliefs and use their own Bible. As for the 144,000, if you believe in Christ and you are alive when Christ comes back at the Second Coming, you will be in that symbolic group called the 144,000.

See Revelation 7:14..

(Revelation 7:14) And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

---------------------

Now, click this link to watch a video that explains this unique group of Christians. It's called: The Truth About Israel's 144,000

Enjoy,
Dennis

By Most Christian Standards, The JW & The Mormans Are Considered False Religions Simply Because They Have Their Own 'Book' As Well As The Holy Word of Almihjty God.

What does God's Word say in Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

SeniorSeeker said:
By Most Christian Standards, The JW & The Mormans Are Considered False Religions Simply Because They Have Their Own 'Book' As Well As The Holy Word of Almihjty God.

What does God's Word say in Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Yep, in fact Walter Martin in his book The Kingdom of Cults declares that any organization that calls themselves Christian, but uses any book other than the Bible for their doctrinal beliefs, is considered a cult. Rewriting the Bible to give credence to your beliefs, is not the Holy Bible accepted by God.

In Revelation, God is calling His people out of false doctrines and false churches. Babylon in Revelation refers to apostate Christianity.

(Revelation 18:4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Dennis

They advocate turning your back on your own family members,if they do not listen to you..if somebody commits a mistake,they are 'put on notice' in front of the whole congregation,and most times these people are talked about behind their backs by everyone there,under the heading of 'loving concern'.....In one congregation I attended,they favored the well to do and practically ignored those that had very little money,such as me.......They advocate at ANY gathering you 'separate yourselves' from everyody else not a Witness,making everybody think they think they are better than them,.....The more hours you have in field service,the higher on the totem pole you were there,and NO excuse was good enough if you did make even the average amount of hours,in field service.......A good number of them looked down their noses at any others that were NOT WITNESSES,BECAUSE 'Jehovah's Witnesses are the ONLY ONES that have the REAL TRUTH,AND THE ONLY ONES THAT WILL BE SELECTED OF THE 144,000 'anointed ones' that will make it to Heaven,the rest of the witnesses remaining on Paradise Earth for 1,000 years.The devil is let loose for a short time after the 1,000 years,allowed to mislead folks again on earth,then sometime after that,the devil is destroyed permanently,along with all his earthly followers....I have a LOT of not so nice memories of that period in my life....EVERYTHING,IN MY LIFE I DID AT THAT TIME,TURNED OUT DISASTROUS....Only after I left them,my life finally got on track.....it did not take me long to see that the LORD was calling me out of that 'headed down a dead ean road' group,and since I have stayed FAR,FAR away from them,it is plain I am now on the right road.....

'They are a cult,part of the false religions,and you should be VERY THANKFUL,that God called you out of it'.I surely am,amen.......

THEY ARE FALSE PROPHETS THAT USED A FEW SCRIPTURE FROM THE BIBLE THAT FIT THEIR BELIEVES.THEY ARE NOT ONES OF THE 144,000.THE 144,000 ARE JEWS!!! READ THE SCRIPTURES REV.7 VERSES 4- 8 MENTIONS THIS ARE FROM THE 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL JUDAH,REUBEN,GAD,ASHER,NAPHTALI,MANASSEH,SIMEON,LEVI,LSSACHAR,ZEBULUM,JOSEEPHAND BENJAMIN.
2 PETER VERSE 2 " BUT THERE WERE ALSO FALSE PROPHETS AMONG THE PEOPLE,EVEN AS THERE WILL BE FALSE TEACHERS AMONG YOU WHO WILL SECRETLY BRING IN DESTRUCTIVE HERESIES,EVEN DENYING THE LORD WHO BOUGHT THEM AND BRING ON THEMSELVES SWIFT DESTRUCTION.
AND MANY WILL FOLLOW THEIR DESTRUCTION WAYS BECAUSEOF WHOM THE WAY OF TRUTH WILL BE BLASPHEMED.
THEY ARE ALSO A BUNCH OF DATE SETERS THAT NEVER COMES TO BE.:nono:

They didn't rewrite the Bible, they translated it from the earliest known Hebrew and Greek writings.....what do you think King James had his scribes do? Do across check, they say the same thing. The JW's seem to understand the writings a bit differently.

And yes, with their understanding of the Bible, they will divide a family and fracture it......I am in that situation as I write...for me they crossed the line.

They led me to turn my back on my mother,sisters and their families,and they made it look like the only right thing to do.......I have never felt so alone,especially around Christmas,when my family always got together.I thank the Lord He pulled me out of that situation,before my mother passed away.....My family forgave me quickly,,which made me feel worse,than reminding me of it...Not a word has been spoken about it between us,since.Amen.God is Good!!!!:thumbup::clap::super:.....