Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jewelry and clad hunting with HF elliptical, 14k

Old California

Been detecting a few School and park areas before work this week, and a sidewalk demo.

Using 28.8 kHz, ID is great especially on clad yet very sensitive on low conductive. Quarters are clearly spaced from copper pennies and dimes, low conductive little above normal but not too bad. Found a 14k ring from a tot lot, 5.1 gram not bad. Most of the clad are from School yards and local park. Surface stuff, not too deep.

Love the elliptical, think I'm going to do very well with this coil.

Thanks for looking,
Paul

Good stuff Paul! Played around with my Elliptical at modern river side park looking for rings in and out of the knee deep water. Got a bunch of clad. :angry:

That's great Brent,

You're out there using the elliptical, especially in water that's were gold jewelry will surface.

When you're back home, we'll get you an antenna put together in a jiffy for your Deus. Have extra scoops, river near my home is packed with people. Hunt in water up to your neck, or waist deep if current is too swift.

Denny and David are already hitting the water, see you when you're back home :)

Paul

Thanks el,

See you in the near future, you up for a water hunt :)

Paul

Thanks Tony,

I'm liking the elliptical coil more and more, hits on the smallest fines I've ever experienced. Surely more gold will follow, have the equipment just need persistence with a lot of patience.

Still working with perfecting a good center mount coil bracket for the elliptical, here's my second bracket better than the first. My next will probably be the final one, no glue and bracket easily removable with no sign on coil. For both land and water, always preferred center mount especially in water.

Take care,

Paul

You used 14 kHz. Have you tried higher kHz for hunting gold rings/jewelry with the elliptical? And does it hit hard on small pieces of aluminum foil?
Is it difficult to differentiate between pull tab and gold ring?

Hello Tony,

I'm using the higher frequencies, 28.8 and 74 kHz. Hits extremely hard on the tiniest finds, depending on the gold ring ID can be foil range or higher above nickel. My recent find, was just above nickel, usually my gold jewelry finds from other detectors were in foil range that's were most of my gold jewelry surfaces. These are smaller 14k or 10k, thin stuff. Larger heavier rings, 14k or higher are rare and ID quite higher.

Yes, Pull tabs ID higher than foil range gold jewelry these are easy to tell apart. But, gold rings near nickel range ID close with most pull tabs.

Here's a close up of the elliptical bracket, simple setup held on with zip ties between coil and coil cover. Plastic bracket fits in-between coil ears, with protective piece covering battery cord. Next bracket, will be slightly off center with lower rod about 1/2" inch from center. This one is dead center, I like it especially for water. Coil doesn't flop in current, and stays center without additional pressure trying to straighten out coil.

Off to work in a few minutes, take care Tony and enjoy one of the greatest detectors on the planet.

Paul

Have been thinking of getting this coil for the high-traffic areas of our parks. I know there's coins and jewelry hiding in the more-difficult areas....seems like recently it's getting tough to find good targets in our usual areas! Recently I tried using 8kHz and dug a good bit of aluminum, heavy on beavertails and fragments of ring pulls LOL 14kHz would be even more sensitive to these things, but the overall unmasking capabilities would be superb. I'm sure it would be worth a try, and it's our rainy season now, so.....