Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Jewelry Hallmarks

Mat in MA

[size=large]I have a couple of rings with hallmarks that I can't seem to find their identities on the net. I've checked many places and have come up with nothing.

The first ring is a 925 sterling silver with an "R" in a circle and what looks like a circle and 2 "V's" under the 925.

[attachment 213229 925ringhallmark.gif]

The second ring has the letter "A" and a five point star inside a rectangle.

[attachment 213231 AStarHallmark.jpg]

Any help identifying these and letting me know where you found the source would be a great help.

Thanks and Happy Hunting!!![/size]

Google silver hallmarks.It's a start. I have two 10k gold band and both have different jewelery hallmarks. I think they represent the the specific maker of the jewelery or a design copy right. One, as you see is a F with an abstract G and the other one, well you see what it is.

I checked the online sources and found nothing, this is going to have to be found in a more in depth book on makers marks and Hallmarks.

[size=large]i was thinking that the t.v. program, Antigue Road Show may provide links to various sites such as you seek. it's worth a shot. yes?

HH[/size]

I searched for an hour on some of the sites I have had luck on in the past and needless to say I cant help you who knew there was that many hallmarks out there. good luck

You can try this site and post your question.

http://www.finishing.com/274/88.shtml

I think I have seen the star before...Italian...??? Check out this link read down a few post...

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/cartier-rg-love-bracelet-faded-to-yg-711609-3.html